• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stanley and Tabitha's first day at the Beansprout HQ

Beansprout

Warren Scout
Hey guys

Picked Stan and Tabs up from the RSPCA centre yesterday, finally! Stanley is a 1 yr lop, and tabs is a ? year lop X .. or something. Both neutered (stan only last month) so they haven't been coupled yet. The centre has been starting to mix them but because Stanley's hormones are still running riot it's been a little harder. Also they said it's rabbit mating season so that puts a strain on things too xD

This is the set up I have:
DSC_0463.jpg

Last night, I took the wooden desk-top away so it was just wire, so they could sort of see each other. I forgot I took it away so I went downstairs for a while, maybe an hour or so. Came back up to find Stanley in Tab's area ... 'having his way with her' shall we say ^^ Poo everywhere of course. Few clumps of hair around. No major damage done really, except for one horny rabbit and one grumpy one. Stanley must have climbed onto the bed and walked across. Now I've put their carry boxes on the bed so hopefully neither of them can get across. I've ordered an 8 panel dog pen thingy (36" high) so that there's no risk of escaping :D

Today things are better- this morning stanley got grumpy when I took his food bowl to fill it up- stomped his feet because I wasn't doing it quick enough! Greedy little git. Tabs is a little stroppy mare too. They had an hour or so in the run today as well, so now they are quiet sleepy bunnies.

Here are some pictures to reward you for reading my lame account of the last 24 hrs :p

DSC_0473.jpg

P5050195.jpg

P5050212.jpg

P5050208.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

P5050204.jpg

I shut them in at night, in the day I separate the room into two like in the first pic and let them get on with it :D Still makes me nervous leaving their doors open just incase Stanley somehow jumps over again ><

I'm not being rude or telling you what to do but those cages look a tiny bit too small to lock them in over night as bunnys are most energetic thru the night well mine is what I have indoors she's usually bombing round the bedroom and binkying up n down which I can now thankfully sleep thru :D

I agree they are a little too small, but those were the ones that fit in the space that I had (30" dog cages). Once I get the puppy pen thing I can make an extended area that's a little more permanent than the desk-top-divider thingy :) I'm still nervous leaving them on their own (I don't sleep in my room at weekends) when the doors are open, because of what happened yesterday. I'll leave them out tonight and make sure they can't get to the other's side :)

I'd love to get some bigger cages but I can't afford to buy another two ><

What beautiful bunnies and they both look to be right at home already.

Good luck with the bonding, I hope you manage to get them together soon as I'm sure that will make life easier for you-especially in terms of space :D

Stanley has jumped the barrier a few times and had some run-ins with Tabs, all when I've left them too it. Until I get the play pen I'm only going to let them both out at the same time when I'm around to babysit them. I'll let Stanley have the run of the run most of the time and Tabs can run around my room, with some time in the run herself.

It's making me rather nervous... worrying if either of them have jumped over the bed or something ><

Back