• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I *think* I may have found a rabbit savvy vet :)

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Not extremely close to me, about 40-50 minutes by car :roll: But still. I've known about this vet for a while but was under the impression that she didn't treat small animals, but apparently she does and even looks after the animals at the zoo on occasions! :D I'm planning to contact her by email and ask her some questions in order to find out if she's 100% rabbit savvy, do you have any suggestions on what exactly I could ask her to find out for sure? I was thinking about bringing up Boris' snuffles as his condition is relatively complex and requires some thinking outside the box, but also about spaying since I want to get Bella spayed asap (she's 3 now so getting really worried about cancer risks etc.) Any other suggestions to what sort of other questions I could ask? Obviously don't want to ask too many either as I don't want to come across as annoying :lol:

That's great. :D:D

If you have a look in the Old Useful Topics sticky in Health, there's a link (somewhere up the top of the page I think) called 'finding a good vet' or something similar - there are lots of questions there. :wave: There are also some specifically to do with neutering here.

I hope she passes the test! :lol:

That's great. :D:D

If you have a look in the Old Useful Topics sticky in Health, there's a link (somewhere up the top of the page I think) called 'finding a good vet' or something similar - there are lots of questions there. :wave: There are also some specifically to do with neutering here.

I hope she passes the test! :lol:

Thanks, will take a look later! :D I'm excited about this but also a little apprehensive, if she fails the test the closest rabbit savvy vet is about 2 hours away :roll: My local ones are clueless I'm afraid :( Hence the reason for why Bella still isn't spayed, I don't trust them to even know where the uterus is :roll:

Back