• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Incisorless bun has turned into a hoover..

Martin7

Warren Scout
My bun has his front tooth extracted (the other one fell out) but he seems to of discovered he can pick up the tiniest particals now that wonky tooth isn't in the way

he now spends ages scanning every inch of the carpet and seems to be finding tiny crumbs and god knows what (mostly it will be biscuit crumbs) but guess I will have to be Extra vigilant now about crumbs.. as Ive caught him nibbeling away a few times on god knows what he found.. he never used to do that, but he's gone to all the places where I mostly sit and eat my own snacks etc..

I'm not sure there is any way I can actually stop him, and I guess hes chuffed with his new skills, but just a bit worried because of dirt etc

haha.. yeeeaa.. oh god! when I used to live at home my dad was an OCD vacuumist and it used to drive me crazy...hmm. lol..

he's been all over the house today, up the stairs and in every single room scanning all the floors for crumbs lol. (not my dad)...

Haha, my Incisorless bun Herbie does thisbut at least he does it with tiny hat particles on the carpet in his room.

I will too:roll: haha..that's the thing I often walk around the house munching on a bag of crisps or some kind of snack, I've caught him eating a peice of crisp before today too but never really had to think about it before, but now I have to change my habbits too ehe, and be more conscious, arrg just realised it means I have to hoover in places I wouldnt normally bother too and pull furniture out etc because he can get in those places, and I duno how but bits always seem to end up in those places.. so much for my quick 5 min vacuum sessions..nooo

:lol: He must feel loads better.
You could make him a forage box to keep him occupied, filled with hay and tiny pieces of chopped veg and a few oats.

heh, he's certainly a lot more active, and last night I went upstairs and he rushed up behind me, then did a little binky, wanted to play and chase teddy.. then tried to hump it. he was neutered years ago but strangly still wants to hump teddy, until a treat is available then suddenly looses all interest lol..his pooping is still a bit weird.. sort of did a massive amount of mush the day before yesterday, then last night a few small tiny blips, then a batch of "almost pellet shaped pellets", then some cecatropes which are starting to look more and more normal, seems to be kind of a stop and start affair with his tum, but the whole time he is active, investigating, eating and flopping/chilling etc.. so just gonna keep on the meds and hopefully things will pick up as he gets more and more fiber in him..

:)

That's a great idea about a foriage box too.. It's just finding things he likes he's soooo fussy....

Back