• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those of you who have outdoor buns, how do you store your food?

I keep it in the kitchen :wave: and take out their daily ration in an ice cream tub, so when I rattle it they know it's breakfast time :)

I keep it in the kitchen in a cerial holder.
I also shake it and they know its food time.
Keep veggies and hay in a big secure plastic container in a spare hutch we have.

My hay and sack of pellets is kept outside in a big green plastic storage box , but I always fill a plastic tub with pellets and keep them in kitchen cupboard so I don't have to go out every morning looking for the pellets :D

A couple of weeks worth in a small tub on a shelf in the shed, and the rest of the bag in a big box of their things also in the shed.

When we had hutch bunnies we kept the food in a tub next to the back door.

I have a big plastic outdoor storage box, with all the bunny stuff in:
P4164250.jpg

Works a treat- everything's so easy to access. The only problem is that there's quite a few snails in there, which can be a bit gross, especially when you touch them in the dark :shock: :lol:

I have mine in a big cereal type plastic tub, its one for dog food so holds a full bag. Its stored in the shed where Poppy is. I also have one of those plastic type boxes for pet stuff jordanrose:D

with ours we store the big sack of pellets in the utility room and then we have a plastic cereal holder which sits on the window sill by the back door and we take the food out in that, they all get excited if they see someone walking down the garden with it :lol:

I keep pellets in a tupperware tub in the kitchen then put what i need in a jug. My 2 are free range so i have to rattle the jug to get them back in the shed on a night then with super speed shut the shed door. I keep hay, straw and unopened bags of pellets in a wheelie bin on the rabbit patio. they have their own vegi drawer in the fridge, but i always take the days food out and let it warm up before i give them it.

:oops::oops: Bunny has his own shed that is only used to store all his hay and feed. Not spoilt or anything! I keep the hay and things in recycling bins from ikea as they are huge and easy access and you can stack them up.

I keep mine indoors. The cupboard under the stairs is dedicated to the pet stuff. Can fit 3 hay bales in there and all their bits and bobs and the cat stuff too.

The bulk in the house, a tub for ongoing usage in a plastic dustbin outside with "hay in use", bulk hay is in the garage.

Back