• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pebbles poop again

Claire_r

Warren Scout
Hi, I think she may be getting a poorly tummy again, we are still giving her her medication and there were loads of little poops that are still dark. She is a little bit smelly as well. We have just found some soft poops again and a little bit stuck to her. Is here anything we can give her without another trip to the vets before it gets worse. Any advice would be appreciated. :(
Thank you

The medicine she is having is: Baytril and Emeprid. We have been giving her this since Wed.

They just said it was probably something she ate but we have no idea what it could be. The only thing that happened was they both nibbled the hay bag when they escaped from the cage. But we don't know if he managed to get anything else as it was during the night. By this is the 3rd time it's happened.
Her poops are getting a bit better there still quite small and dark but not so soft.

Need advice please. We are a bit worried about Pebble again this morning and her pooping. Apologies for this pic so early but not sure how I could describe this to you. There was nothing overnight that was funny apart from a few uneaten ceacles, we just gave them a small amount of pellets and when Pebble moved to get a drink we saw this.
567593a2.jpg

She is still on her medication so just wondering if it could be that. She is still eating, drinking and running around like normal. Any advice would be really appreciated. :(
Thank you

Has the Vet sent off a fecal sample for analysis ?

What colour markings does Pebble have ? Strange question I know, but it is relevant.

Thankfully there havnt been anymore squishy poops or ones like that picture, but they are more normal colour but still quite small but to be honest she has never really done big poops like Flints boulders, hers have always been quite small since the day we got her. So any advice would still be appreciated. :wave:

Thank you :D

I would take her back to the Vet

Given her markings and the history of her problems I am wondering if Dysautonomia may be something the Vet would want to consider

Yes she has 2 trays of hay and and a hay rack full and we top them up about 4 times a day. We keep the water bottle topped up with fresh water that I change everyday.
Our other bunny has never had any problems at all.

I would take her back to the Vet

Given her markings and the history of her problems I am wondering if Dysautonomia may be something the Vet would want to consider

Thank you for this. We will take her back to the vet and ask them to check for this.

We have just given her medicine again but we have to put this on pellets otherwise she won't ake it. And straight away there was soft poos again not runny but soft and misshapen. Not sure what to do, think I am going to ring emergency vets to see what they suggest. :(

Yes she has 2 trays of hay and and a hay rack full and we top them up about 4 times a day. We keep the water bottle topped up with fresh water that I change everyday.
Our other bunny has never had any problems at all.

Sorry I called Pebblers 'he' !

:lol: a few people have ! But she's a little girl :D boyfriend is on the phone to emergency vets to see what they say.

They told us to keep an eye on her over night to see how she goes. If it gets worse we will be taking her straight to the vets which will cost £123 before treatment :shock: if she is ok tonight and tomorrow we will take her back to our vets on Tues. they said it could be the gut stimulant forcing more out and that's why it's a bit gooey but we have none left now so hopefully it was just that and she will be fine.

Back