• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prescriptions for meds

So I guess the cost will vary from practice to practice.

I feel really cheeky asking my vet for one, but BB has been put on heart meds and a 6 week supply is £55, wheras I can get it online for around £30 plus delivery plus prescription.

Does your prescriptions normally give you a 6 month supply, or less?

For our cats thyroid tablets I get 3 months supply, for meds that come in a liquid such as the oral diazepam I have just ordered I normally get one bottle which is 100ml so however long that lasts and for metcam they only allow one 180ml bottle which lasts 2-3 weeks

I use animed direct, they don't charge delivery :wave:

ETA Don't feel cheeky, they get plenty of money for spending 2 minutes filling in a form and may even get more money from that than mark up they get on giving you the meds direct!

Thanks Liz.
I've got 6 weeks to pluck up the courage to ask!

I just ring reception and ask for a written prescription and pick it up from reception a couple of days later, no need to speak to vet! But they are well aware how much cheaper meds are online, they are cheaper than the vets buy them from the suppliers so completely understand :D

Back