• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good rabbit advice in new Asda magazine

Aliswan

Warren Scout
Just looked through the Asda magazine and there's an article on 'what pets need'. In it it states that rabbits need a large hutch with a large attached fun and that many hutches sold for rabbits are too small. Also they need at least their body size in good quality hay everyday, a handful of fresh veg and a tablespoon of rabbit nuggets not muesli. Rabbits should have hiding places, as well as areas to dig, run and play. Rabbits are extremely social and living alone leads to loneliness and boredom. A neutered male and neutered female is usually the friendliest pairing. Vaccination, neutering and grooming are essential. Check daily for signs of ill health and take to the vet if necessary.
I hope that many rabbit owners read this and realise that their pets need more than they are providing at the minute.

Just looked through the Asda magazine and there's an article on 'what pets need'. In it it states that rabbits need a large hutch with a large attached fun and that many hutches sold for rabbits are too small. Also they need at least their body size in good quality hay everyday, a handful of fresh veg and a tablespoon of rabbit nuggets not muesli. Rabbits should have hiding places, as well as areas to dig, run and play. Rabbits are extremely social and living alone leads to loneliness and boredom. A neutered male and neutered female is usually the friendliest pairing. Vaccination, neutering and grooming are essential. Check daily for signs of ill health and take to the vet if necessary.
I hope that many rabbit owners read this and realise that their pets need more than they are providing at the minute.

Wow, that's fantastic. You should write to them and tell them it's appreciated. :wave:

:shock::shock: asda said that :thumb:
i always like asda for the low low prices now i do for this too :lol:

That's impressive and much needed.

Well done Asda.:thumb:

Perhaps my local one may let me have a stall in its foyer promoting rabbit welfare?

Worth a try.

Back