• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No ceocotrophes

trudi

Warren Scout
Hi,

I have a rabbit who for at least 12 hours hasn't produced any ceacotrophes. I know when she produces them because she has hind limb weakness and shuffles backwards to eat them (been watching her all day), there were none left on her bedding overnight which isn't normal. She is producing ordinary droppings, due to dental problems is mainly eating soft pellets and some herbs.

Any ideas, thanks?

does your bunny seem healthy in other ways, ie producing normal golden poops, not to small, eating well and drinking, are you sure that your bunny isn;t eatng the ceotrophes when you've not been watching, like at night maybe?

Correct me if I'm wrong someone but you don't normally see any left over cecals I've seen my indoor bunny eating them but have never seen my outdoor bunnys eating them :)

Correct me if I'm wrong someone but you don't normally see any left over cecals I've seen my indoor bunny eating them but have never seen my outdoor bunnys eating them :)

yes you don't normally see them unless they are producing too many

Thank you for your replies.

I only noticed she wasn't producing any because she shuffles back as she can't eat them normally due to leg weakness and overnight they are left on her straw. I have other rabbits and you only notice them when their bum pulses.

I was watching her all morning because I knew something wasn't right, so took her to the vets, turned out although there was no obvious signs she had ear mites.

Thankfully she is back to normal now.

Back