• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny things that your rabbits do....

brutalbaby

Warren Scout
My male Jack lives out of a cage, he sleeps in a cat bed and uses his litter tray like a good boy, he likes to sleep in the sun on the window sill and the other day I even caught him going out the cat flap twice!! I think he believes he is a cat lol.

My female mummy doe Bunny snores, and gently rocks her self back and forth when sleeping.

What funny things do your bunnies do??

Mine have frightened themselves; gone investigating, didn't like what they saw and bolted off around the garden like something demented :lol:

Amelia flops on the floor, rolls over so her belly is in the air, licks her right paw several times and then falls asleep with it in her mouth - it always looks like shes sucking her thumb! :lol:

Harry knows that whenever my mum comes to visit she always brings a present for them, so the minute she walks in the door he ambushes her! Shes started hiding them in her bag and in pockets and getting him to search them out :lol:

Doughnut thinks she's a puppy.

In the morning she is constantly jumping up and begging and if I ignore her while leaning over cleaning her pen out she jumps up like a yapping dog and puts her paws on my leg to take notice of her. She follows me everywhere with continual begging and loves digging on my slippers and legs which tickles!

Amelia flops on the floor, rolls over so her belly is in the air, licks her right paw several times and then falls asleep with it in her mouth - it always looks like shes sucking her thumb! :lol:

Harry knows that whenever my mum comes to visit she always brings a present for them, so the minute she walks in the door he ambushes her! Shes started hiding them in her bag and in pockets and getting him to search them out :lol:

How cute is that?! :love:

Doughnut thinks she's a puppy.

In the morning she is constantly jumping up and begging and if I ignore her while leaning over cleaning her pen out she jumps up like a yapping dog and puts her paws on my leg to take notice of her. She follows me everywhere with continual begging and loves digging on my slippers and legs which tickles!

AWWWW sounds like my bunnies, when ever I walk into the room in the morning to feed them they all surround me and go up on their back legs like meerkats! Butterfly loves to scratch at my slippers and socks, your right it really does tickle lol :love:

If Bluebell is sat down and you tickle her belly she rocks back on her hind legs which is really cute :love:

Bramble sometimes eats really long dandilions, pulling it backwards through the wire on the hutch, until she eventually pulls too hard and does a backwards roly poly :lol: then looks really annoyed with herself!

Herbie tries to flop on his side, but he does it with such force that he goes right over on his back and ends up on his other side, then he stands up looking all confused!!!!!!

Ricky luuurves to play peek-a-boo in my long curtains. :D *Adorable*
He also jumps up on my lap and bites my right boob. :roll: *Not so adorable*

Where do I start? :lol:

Gaga's just funny full stop- her wonkey ears make her look so gormless and she's very clumsy because of them. She often falls over when periscoping and looks like a loon when she's running. She certainly lives up to her name! Today, she did a backwards binky (it was very impressive!) and then sat there for about a minute with such a confused look on her face :lol:. She's adorable! :love:

And Flix is fearless- he's always pottering about and being nosey. He has this strange habit of trying to get into gaps, however small- there's a 3cm gap behind the shed, and he's been trying to get behind it since I can remember! Today, he was peering under the gate and I could hear this strange grunting sound. When I investigated, I found him 'chattering' to a cat :shock: The cat was quite taken aback at his boldness and scurried away. Basically, Flix thinks he's a dog :lol:

Well, Peter jumps up on sofa and sits on me looking all cute and wanting cuddles. Then he pees all over me and the sofa. All down my trousers and knickers, giving me a wet bum. Oh wait, that's not funny, it's very annoying! :evil::evil::evil:

Then he binkies around the room, does a happy flop and falls asleep. I think he thinks it's funny! :lol: My little boy has issues! :love:

A few of our boys jump on to the gas fire and up the chimney (it's a coal affect thing that's only used 3 or 4 times a year). They do this to hide from us and each other and lay in wait until another bun comes past and then ambushes them :shock:

Buttercup collects all the cats' toys, pushes them in to a corner and charges at the cats when they try to get them back. She also charges at our son if he hasn't got shoes and socks on - although 16 he ends up screaming like a 2 year old girl!

Willow tries to hide under my pillow when he's on the bed and crawls up to cwtch in to my neck when I lay down.

I love them all :love::love:

Both Pebble and Flint flop on their side all the time, most of the time Flint does a full role then does his little head shake, I'm sure he thinks he's a dog really :?:love:

Bella knows no fear. At all. She'll investigate anything and anyone without hesitating. I was told by her previous owners that she often chased their Dobermann dogs around the house and I don't doubt it :shock::lol: She has a HUGE personality. I love how inquisitive and outgoing she is, but it isn't always such a good thing as she often gets into things she shouldn't :roll: The first thing she did the evening I brought her home was escape from her enclosure, I found her on my mum's bed looking very proud of herself! She recently discovered that she could jump up on a chair we have in the hallway outside their room, her expression was priceless :lol: She has now decided it's her throne and sits there quite a lot whenever they're out there :D
She's great at doing dramatic flops as well. She loves being chased and will actually encourage me to chase her by nipping my butt, and then run off binkying :lol: If I go after her she starts doing even bigger binkies, she finds it hilarious :lol: I probably look daft when doing it though :oops:

Boris on the other hand amuses me because he's such a whimp :lol: He's so careful when investigating something. When we got him at 8 weeks old and he basically had free run of the whole flat, it took him WEEKS to even dare leave the kitchen :lol: He'd stand in the doorway, have a little peek around and seem to almost consider it, but then turn abruptly and run back to his favourite spot on the rug! He's a little braver now but he's still very cautious. Every time he hears my mum bring out the hoover he bolts and is nowhere to be seen until she's finished. He's also a typical old man in the sense that he doesn't like change :lol: If I move things around inside their room (which happens occasionally), he runs around investigating and periscoping and looking extremely annoyed at things not being where they used to :lol: He hates being put in the hallway for the big clean-outs, he enjoys it for about 5 minutes and then begs to be let back in their room :lol:

Funny little things eh :lol: I love how their personalities are so different :love:

Sapphire jumps on my face at night. Lovely if I get her soft belly, quite painful if I get a swipe of the paw!!! I think she's checking I am still alive, like when we panic at a bunny flop??

Haha

Both of them are also terrible for begging, especially in the morning as they know mummy gives them a fenugreek crunchy before she goes to work!! I have tried giving them other treats instead for variety but they keep on begging until they smell fenugreek :D I love buns! :love::love::love:

Back