• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

This is how Ginger looks when her tooth roots are pressing up into her jaw :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
IMG_4359Small.jpg

IMG_4358Small.jpg

:cry:

Wish they could be fixed.

Just booked next dental. It's only been 8 weeks :(

Each time i clean them, or Biscuit :)love:) cleans them up, they fill up with **** within a matter of 20-30 minutes. My poor Ginger :(

Aaw poor Ginger:cry: Does she stop eating when it gets like that, do you have to syringe feed her?

She hasn't stopped eating, she just looks depressed and isn't really interested in life. She's currently sat in the litter tray in the dog crate stuffing her face with fresh hay and bramble leaves.

I've cleaned her eye about 6 times today, as its just streaming, her nose is snotty too, think we're just in for a bit of a rough patch again, nothing we've not been through all together before, but its not nice all the same.

Thanks everyone for caring, just wish i could fix her, but know i can't. Biccy's trying his best to keep her eyes clean too :love:

Oh, the poor poor little sweetheart!!!

I used to have a bunny, a little girly called Jem, who had that exact same problem. Our first vet misdiagnosed it for months and months and I have no idea how many times he gave us stuff for eye infections:evil:. When we clocked on to how little he knew about rabbits we changed vets; and after a month or so of dentals, tear duct flushing ect. the new vet said that the constant eye trouble was never going to go and suggested that he remove all four of her front teeth.

We didn't like the idea much, but as you know they suffer so much we came around to the idea. She looked a bit sorry for herself after the op for a few weeks and we had to syringe feed for days and then onto soft foods she could lap up but then she came in to a new lease of life. She could still eat hay, pellets and basically anything that she could get to her molars. Veggies had to be cut up into bunny mouth sized strips which we fed to both rabbits, in fact our other rabbit who had perfectly good teeth used to refuse to eat anything that wasn't chopped up after a while :roll: But Jem was the picture of a healthy happy rabbit, we had to watch that she didn't get dirty and brush her more at moulting time as she found it harder to groom herself. But other than that the only difference between her and Nibbles was that she couldn't eat the carpet or strip the wallpaper! :lol:

I don't know if this could be applicable to you, with Jem it was the front two top teeth that were overgrowing into her jaw and pressing on her tear ducts and also I believe she was fairly young at the time, (about 2ish, being a rescue we weren't sure). But I hope it is some help.

Aw, precious Ginger. (Gentle noserubs)
And her champion, Biscuit. :love: It's such a joy to read about how close they are. :)
No worries Ginger...you have your loving husbun and Graham at your side to care for you, and all the vibes at RU in your corner. ((((((((((((((Healing vibes))))))))))))))

Oh poor Ginger, that made me well up, its just she looks so so sad :( Will a dental help, or is there anything else you can do for tooth roots?

Back