• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

is it snuffles or start of Myxi?

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
Hi all not been around for a while i will try to catch up soon on threads i have now had all 4 girls spayed and had problems with my boy and girl losing their bond had to rebond what a few months its been! i have notices past week or so Toto has a very dirty nose all i can describe it as is (excuse the phrase) very green crusty snot all around his nose he is eating ok and seems well i am taking him to open surgery first thing as its got worse over the past day or so i tried to wet clean it up but he wont let me and its so crusty is this he start of something serious i wonder i will try to get a pic later and upload when home from work.

nothing wrong with eyes checked him for lumps etc nothing but this terible messy nose:(

If it has been ongoing for a week and no other symptoms are present it is unlikely to be Myxi. BUT even if it is 'just' an upper respiratory tract infection this does require prompt Veterinary attention as RTIs can also become extremely serious if not treated. Stress can trigger RTIs so maybe the re-bonding proved to be very stressful for him

The other possibility is that he has been bitten on the nose during the re-bonding and he now has an abscess in a nostril

Good luck at the Vets

vet didnt see any other signs that would indicate snuffles or anything more serious other than the nose was sore swollen and infected, she said it may of been from a scuffle with other bun and its simply just got infected he is on 2ml of baytril a day plus she have him anti inflammatory injection is so messy still they said to take back if its not cleared up after baytril is finished they would like me to update them though if its got better after the course.

Back