• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you wash your bun's herbs/veg?

Not all of it, if I'm giving fresh out of the garden then no...I dont wash it, if its something that may have been sprayed then yes I do. I dont wash cabbage or greens though for Poppy :oops:

I do. In case something has been in the garden/on the allotment and weed on it.

I do. In case something has been in the garden/on the allotment and weed on it.

:thumb:

shop bought veg and herbs remember are force grown for mass production. they are packed full of fertilisers and chemicals, they should always be washed. shop bought plants from b&q etc are the same but they'll be ok if they're weathered with rain water or watered daily for a week or 2.
grow your own is the way to go :D then you'll know for definite there's no harmful chemicals been used :D

Cheers all....I really should start to grow herbs, can you keep up with demand? I spend a fortune on herbs for my 2 they luuuurve them!!

I grow 2 of each herb but actually think I will increase to 3! I have to ration them out a bit!

Back