• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"disabled bunny" photos needed for bunny mad magazine

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hi all
I am putting together some articles about disabled bunnies for the october issue of Bunny Mad. I want to try to encourage readers to adopt a disabled bunny as they are so often overlooked at the rescue centres. i however think they are "special" and after adopting my 3 legged bunny Dizzy I wouldn't hesitate in taking on another.

i want to put together a gallery of photos of your bunnies that were disabled when you adopted them. Bunnies with Missing ears or limbs. Blind, deaf or left disabled from headtilt. Please send your photos in JPEG format in as high resolution as possible to bunnycreations@hotmail.com along with you and your bunnies names for possible inclusion

thank you and look forward to seeing your special bunnies!

Eddie was paralysed in his back legs when I adopted him. He ended up with full movement though. :D He kept his spirit all the way through his struggle to regain movement.

You can see his backlegs aren't working at all.
007-16.jpg

006-15.jpg

020-13.jpg

002-18.jpg

017-17.jpg

017-18-1.jpg

You can use any photos if he qualifies as disabled. :wave:

Awww bless him is he ok now can he use his back legs :love:

He passed away at the end of last year, but had a year of almost perfect leg movement. He sometimes got stiff in his back legs, but never lost the movement again. When we got Eddie I thought we were getting a healthy bun. On the journey to us his old owners put him in an indoor cage without ANY bedding so he slipped and slid about and paralysed his back legs. Frenchies have very delicate backs so he must have twisted it the wrong way and done something to his back. We didn't know if he'd ever get the movement back, but he had bladder/bowel control so I was hopeful. A few months after we got him he started to get more feeling and slowly the feeling came back!

Not terminally disabled but for months he was. I consider him lucky to get the movement back.

He was the most loving bunny ever, and I had such a bond with him. Such a special boy! :love::love: I really miss him! He once jumped over the stair gate from the kitchen to the living room. I couldn't believe it, remembering how he had been when I'd got him!

dear old rosie, got a brain tumour in later life, and often fell down, needing steroid injections weekly, until felt jer quality of life was getting worse and
had her pts, rip rosie

007-3.jpg

Eddie was paralysed in his back legs when I adopted him. He ended up with full movement though. :D He kept his spirit all the way through his struggle to regain movement.

You can see his backlegs aren't working at all.
007-16.jpg

006-15.jpg

020-13.jpg

002-18.jpg

017-17.jpg

017-18-1.jpg

You can use any photos if he qualifies as disabled. :wave:

oh what a beautiful boy and well done for taking him on and giving him a wonderful life! please will you email the pics to me as i would like to use one.

dear old rosie, got a brain tumour in later life, and often fell down, needing steroid injections weekly, until felt jer quality of life was getting worse and
had her pts, rip rosie

007-3.jpg

thanks lisa but it is only rabbits that were adopted when they already had a disability.
bless little rosie x

I know we didn't technically adopt our blind bridge bunny Evie from a rescue Lisa as we rescued her from a preloved advert, but you're welcome to use any of Evie's pics if it would help. She was born with no eyes at all bless her.

We wouldn't hesitate to offer a home to disabled bunnies again in the future, as Evie showed us so much how they just adapt & accept what life deals them.

DSCF5264.jpg

DSCF5361.jpg

DSCF5974.jpg

DSCF5694.jpg

This thread has more pics as well.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...big-brave-girl-amp-been-enjoying-the-sunshine!

Edit - oooopss just re-read, will email you Lisa over the weekend :wave:

Grim has had eye problems since I got him. Does that count? I didn't adopt him though, someone dumped him on me.
I took my sister's bun Dexter from a pet shop with overgrown teeth which were immediately removed. I have some pictures of him with the 'tusks'.

This is Bumble who is nearly blind and who is likely to lose his sight altogether. I adopted him from BARC.

Bumble31011.jpg

Bumble2811.jpg

BumbleJuly2011-1.jpg

This is Furby who came from the Lymington rescue. He is completely deaf.

Furbysnuggling.jpg

Furbycloseup31011.jpg

If any of these photos are suitable I am happy for you to use them. Both buns are bonded to other buns so I don't have many of them on their own.

Last edited:
When I adopted Dexter he had a head tilt and an abcess in one of his eyes, he has now had the eye removed (since being with me) and his head tilt is far better.
Also I adopted Jasper with a broken front leg knowing he would need further treatement. He had his leg amputated 2 days ago.

So either of those count?
If so will send you piccies :)

ok thanks, rosie was adopted an unwanted rabbit, but she ddn;t develop her disabilties until later life, she was unwanted as petshop rabbit because she was agouti

Grim has had eye problems since I got him. Does that count? I didn't adopt him though, someone dumped him on me.
I took my sister's bun Dexter from a pet shop with overgrown teeth which were immediately removed. I have some pictures of him with the 'tusks'.

thank you but i need disabilities more than health issues

When I adopted Dexter he had a head tilt and an abcess in one of his eyes, he has now had the eye removed (since being with me) and his head tilt is far better.
Also I adopted Jasper with a broken front leg knowing he would need further treatement. He had his leg amputated 2 days ago.

So either of those count?
If so will send you piccies :)

yes please send me pics to have a look..thank you

Back