• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Chloe is having her 1st jab today :(

ChloeBunny

Warren Scout
My vets only have the single vaccine in so she will have to go twice :(. Also going to get her booked in for her spay in a few weeks time as shes just about 6 months now :) Feel really bad about how much she's going to be at the vets over the next month or so but I know it's for her own good and so that she can have a husbun :D

No point to this thread really :oops: got about 10 mins until it's time to get her in her carrier and time is dragging because im not looking forward to it :(

Aww, you are only doing the very best for her, I'm sure she'll be fine once she gets back and settled :D

Well I guess that could've been worse lol

Into carrier: easy
Car journey: bit nervous but ok
Waiting room: fine
Seeing vet: thats when it all went a bit wrong hahaha
Chloe was being very good and friendly until the vet tried to hold her to give her the jab! Like lightning Chloe was off and on the floor. Once she was down there she was just happily sniffing around. We decided to get her back in the carrier, she wouldnt stay still enough for the vet to jab so i held her through the door while the vet went in through the door in the top :lol:

Chloe is now booked in for her vhd and spay in a couple of weeks and we've made sure it's the same vet doing it as she said now she knows how Chloe is with being handled she will want to do it :D also left notes with receptionist to say any meds are to be given inside the carrier or she'll make a run for it!!

Other than that vet said she seems very healthy and lively and didnt seem bothered by the whole palava :lol:

When I took Angel for her jabs I put a towel down underneath her, and a wee towel over her eyes. Then put my hands on either side of her head, as she likes getting massages so she must have thought she was in for a treat.
She didn't move an inch, was really good.

I'm dreading having to get her spayed, she'll have to stay in overnight :( I know it's what's best for her though.

Back