• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never had a bunny do this before.

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
My foster bun, Angelina has been stressed and wary since her arrival here. She had been happy going about her own business but any attempt to touch or stroke her was greeted with a lunge and a growl, if not a nip. I more than understood this given the fact she had a litter and was pregnant.

Tonight though she has been following me around and refusing to leave my side. She came through to the conservatory with me where she isn't normally allowed and because it was far from her babies, I tried stroking her and she was fine. All of a sudden she dropped on her side and just lay still. :shock: She coloured me back through to the kitchen, her usual place, and allowed me to touch, stroke and rub her all over without running away. Even over the stair gate she was reaching up to let me rub her head!

I am so worried about her having dropped on her side like that. What have I done to her?:shock:

Lucky looked a bit odd the first few times she did it. She wasn't too stressy, but she would lunge and occasionally bite when I was sweeping :shock: Now she just licks me to death! :lol: I must have a very dirty face! :lol: Sounds like Angelina is beginning to enjoy strokes and attention :love:

My first thought was either happiness or illness. The likelihood, from what you have said, of her acting like that through feeling rough would be unlikely, in my eyes, due to her being so anxious and scared. I wouldn't rule it out, but the chances are lower. Therefore, that leaves you with happiness and contentment. I suspect you will now see the REAL Angelina, now she is no longer pregnant :)

My first thought was either happiness or illness. The likelihood, from what you have said, of her acting like that through feeling rough would be unlikely, in my eyes, due to her being so anxious and scared. I wouldn't rule it out, but the chances are lower. Therefore, that leaves you with happiness and contentment. I suspect you will now see the REAL Angelina, now she is no longer pregnant :)

I will keep a close eye on her, thanks. She is eating brilliantly at the moment so fingers crossed it is contentment. That would be just so lovely. I cannot believe how different she was tonight. I was alarmed though at the fact she felt like a bag of bones. I cannot physically stuff any more food into her, she is on unlimited SS junior and Rabbit Royale, normal and alfalfa hay plus loads of fresh grass, herbs and veg! The only other thing I thought of is oats but I don't want to overload her!

I am so excited that she may actually be an absolute honey. Fingers crossed everyone please!

Oats would be good and also sunflower seeds too. Sometimes it's ok to throw everything at them, especially if her tummy is coping ok at the moment.

Oats would be good and also sunflower seeds too. Sometimes it's ok to throw everything at them, especially if her tummy is coping ok at the moment.

Thanks Sky-O, I will start with some tomorrow thanks, it is great to have a second opinion! I thought she was doing ok but all of a sudden she seems to have lost. No wonder given the last month really. It is nice to feel like I am starting to make a difference to her as a bunny in her own right rather than just as a mummy rabbit.

I think Id feel like **** if I was pregnant.Id be protective of myself...if I was unsure of what was happening to me.

You have shown nothing but love and care for her.These are 2 totally different things.

I reckon shes feeling relaxed and content.xxx

Wow, thanks for your replies. I was really concerned but am now really happy.

Yvette - I totally agree, the poor soul has had so much to contend with that I would be biting anyone who approached me or my babies. Thank goodness she can relax and be settled now.

You guys are all just so fab, OH has been ok but can't understand why it means so much that she is allowing me contact. He just hopes his slippers are safe from attack when he wants the sellotape out of the drawer! :lol:

I think she has just realised that you are her angel :love: :love:

^^^^^^ This ....

To her you must seem like her guardian angel .. all you do is love her protect her feed her and keep her and her babies safe !! :) Hope Angelina and all of her babies are doing well :D

Yip, she sounds to me like she is finally enjoying life and realising that she is safe with you :)

Poor soul before having kits to bring up and being preggers....no wonder your arms were scratched by her!

Maybe this is her trying to be nice and get her feet under the table at yours so she can stay longer!

Was lying in bed last night thinking about your description of what Angelina did and smiling to myself. It must have been such a special moment :love: Lovely :love:

awww, she sounds like one happy bunny :love: Storm sometimes happy flops on my feet :shock::lol: it does look really strange when they just throw them selves on the floor, but it usually just means that they feel safe, happy and content :love:

Yip, she sounds to me like she is finally enjoying life and realising that she is safe with you :)

Poor soul before having kits to bring up and being preggers....no wonder your arms were scratched by her!

Maybe this is her trying to be nice and get her feet under the table at yours so she can stay longer!

Shh, don't say that! There's no room at the inn!:lol:

I do love the idea that she might be feeling safe. :love:

Was lying in bed last night thinking about your description of what Angelina did and smiling to myself. It must have been such a special moment :love: Lovely :love:

You were lying in bed thinking about us last night, so sweet!:love:
:love:
Once Ali had recovered from her heart attack :lol:

Too right, it was only a lovely moment in hindsight at the time it was awful!:lol::lol::lol:

awww, she sounds like one happy bunny :love: Storm sometimes happy flops on my feet :shock::lol: it does look really strange when they just throw them selves on the floor, but it usually just means that they feel safe, happy and content :love:

That is lovely, unless you need to do something then you feel you cannot move.:lol::lol:

Back