• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Up to date pet pics!

Ellasyn

Mama Doe
I havent put pics up for ages, so thought I should show you how they're all doing and introduce you to my new bunnies.

Trev refusing to let me in the cage to take pics without first inspecting the camera....
DSC04210.jpg

But he was happier once he had food!

DSC04173.jpg

Milo is too fast and too awkward to get any good pics of, this is the best I could do!

DSC04187.jpg

DSC04180.jpg

My guinea pigs were very suspicious til I put some parsley down!

Pokey piggle (OAP)
DSC04204.jpg

Mavis piggle, scaredy cat and moody pig!
DSC04206.jpg

and Hilda, also a bit nervous
DSC04214.jpg

And then, my newbies!!!!!

Delilah bunny, quite the poser, has temprement "issues" - she grunts and thumps, but despite what I was lead to believe she loves noserubs and is fine to handle. Im sure the grumpy grunting will improve once she's spayed.
DSC04198.jpg

DSC04197.jpg

And herbie bun, he's mental, I mean absolutely crazy! He is a bit nervous with hands but improving. Also hoping for improvement once neutered!

DSC04195.jpg

DSC04191.jpg

I have rats too! Right now they live outside in a rabbit hutch. They love it! Trying to fix up another for my male.

Thanks all!

Its annoying that the bunnnies are divided in the playhouse, theyve only got one layer each, so about 5ftx4ft which is why herbie has the cage as a base on the bottom (no bed area, the tops also holding up one side of the divider). Ive been swapping them about, and they get on great through wire, just need neutering once Im happy their weights stable and then I can work on bonding. Both bunnies were underweight when I got them, herbie was just skin and bone and has done some serious growing since considering he was supposedly 5 months. Delilah was underweight but not that bad, but harder to get weight on as she just nibbles a few pellets and then is off busy exploring, so picks through them all day. Thankfully both are good hay eaters and herbie likes chewing so Im hoping teeth issues are less likely.

I was worried about Pokey piggle the other week too, she didnt seem her usual enthusiastic self and dropped a bit of weight, but I took her out and gave her plenty of her favourites and she's perked up and seems fine again now (she's wheeking for more food as I type!). She's now about 9 and I know that she cant live forever, so Im watching so close to make sure she's happy and not hiding some kind of suffering, horrible though it is to think she will go, but I jsut dont want it to be painful.

Thanks all!

Its annoying that the bunnnies are divided in the playhouse, theyve only got one layer each, so about 5ftx4ft which is why herbie has the cage as a base on the bottom (no bed area, the tops also holding up one side of the divider). Ive been swapping them about, and they get on great through wire, just need neutering once Im happy their weights stable and then I can work on bonding. Both bunnies were underweight when I got them, herbie was just skin and bone and has done some serious growing since considering he was supposedly 5 months. Delilah was underweight but not that bad, but harder to get weight on as she just nibbles a few pellets and then is off busy exploring, so picks through them all day. Thankfully both are good hay eaters and herbie likes chewing so Im hoping teeth issues are less likely.

I was worried about Pokey piggle the other week too, she didnt seem her usual enthusiastic self and dropped a bit of weight, but I took her out and gave her plenty of her favourites and she's perked up and seems fine again now (she's wheeking for more food as I type!). She's now about 9 and I know that she cant live forever, so Im watching so close to make sure she's happy and not hiding some kind of suffering, horrible though it is to think she will go, but I jsut dont want it to be painful.

Sounds like you've had a busy time with all of them! It will take time and once they are neutered etc I'm sure they'll love being together and having more space :)
Glad Pokey piggle has perked up a bit :thumb:

Back