• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And so it begins...

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Poppy needs one more tear duct flush but they are pleased with how the last one went :) they have given us eye drops to administer twice a day.. for the next 2 - 3 weeks :shock: she's going to hate us :lol: The vet said it will help keep the passage clean and not gunk up :) she is still sneezing but only a few times then stops rather than having the massive fits :)

Hopefully things will get better now :D :love:

Also massaging under the eye where the tear duct is can help as it loosens the gunk....thats if she will let you of course. In fact my daughter has problems with a blocked tear duct and the doc kept giving her eye drops but it kept coming back. Someone told me to massage it every day and it went and never came back. I know bunnies are more difficult patients than people but its worth a go if she will let you.

I feel your pain. Mimzy needed steroid drops for a bunged up eye for only five days but it was like one of the labours of Hercules getting just one drop in twice a day. :shock:
Successful eye dropper-ing vibes to you!
LL, thank you for that tip, I'll have to do that with Mimzy. He often gets crusty gunk in his right eye as the duct doesn't flush properly. I'll give the massage a try. :thumb:

I always learn something new here! :D

Back