• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vid of bunny binky. Prob now fixed with thanks, photos of fix below!

Hele

Warren Veteran
Ok, so I am in a rented flat which is 'no pets' but as long as I keep them in the garden I have written permission for bunnies.... which obviously aren't in the garden! :oops::oops::oops:

But they are currently in a cage until the mesh sheets arrive for their house so I like to let them out when I can. The only room I can trust them in for a long period of time without them destroying the carpet or something else that can lose us our deposit is the kitchen, which has lino. I've kept a bunny on lino before but that was a rescue who came to us very over weight and only really moved when prompted and hardly ever binkied, at least not til she'd lost weight and by then we'd moved her in with our other bunny on carpet.

So basically they keep falling over, which is very cute but when they binky it looks quite painful esp when one half twists one way and the other half goes the other way. I'm a bit worried that they could hurt themselves maybe. I tried to get a video but they wouldn't cooperate, but I did get lots of cute slipping bunnies! Anyone else think that they are ok?

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii521/Hele979/?action=view&current=MVI_4785.mp4

The vid ends with Thor getting into trouble again!!! They then got a basil leaf each, a bowl of water, a large handful of hay and some peace!

Last edited:
I can't watch the video at work, but could you maybe put a couple of scatter rugs down for them to give them a bit of grip?

The video is cute. :love:
I think it's possible they could hurt themselves, maybe twist a leg or slide into a cupboard so if you're worried I agree putting a rug or a couple of mats down would work.

Also if it was me I would get a bigger litter try, something like an underbed storage box with lots of hay in. That should help them with litter training as they can both fit in together and sit and munch hay in there while they poo, which rabbits love to do. :roll: :lol:

I would get a big rug or a cheap carpet down they look like they are slipping all over they could end up hurting their feet or worse still breaking a leg if they slide under something they are beautiful bunnys :love:

Yes i was going to say a big rug or when I had laminate flooring I put those cheap carpet runners down.

I think they could injure themselves just by what ive seen on the video, so I would put something down for them.

They are very cute bunsters and loved the bit where one stepped on the other :roll::lol:

I also agree with a pp a flat storage box is ideal for a litter tray, I have them for my 4 and they are ideal for cleaning out and can fit my 4 in at once, they also like to eat in it (which they then poo in it :thumb:) so I line it with paper and stuff it full of hay.

The area looks great for them they are very lucky bunnies :D

Thanks guys, I feel a bit dopey now. I knew that, but couldn't see it! Fixed now, their loo is a banana/fruit or veg box from a random supermarket. This is exactly what we used to do for our old house rabbits as they are nice and big, edible and free. And I had an empty one and it still didn't click! The rug is a random one that was rolled up in a corner when we moved in so they can wreck it for all I care! They look happier I think.

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated, I'd have bumbled around for days on end before working any of that out without help!!!

IMG_4789.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4787.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Perfect!! :thumb:
Im the same, dont worry - I think about things for ages and when I get the solution - Im like hmm that was so simple!! :lol::lol:

You will be having some mega binkies now with the rug down!!

(Just be careful they dont eat too much cardboard - as could cause blockages).

Im sure they are really happy with their new set up!

Back