• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mischa :D Doing well - Pic #41

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
He's not eating and is tooth grinding :cry: he looks like he's eating but he actually isn't, just chewing and chewing and chewing. Every now and then he stops for a few seconds and then starts again.

Got an appointment for four. It's unbearable watching him and feeling so helpless. He wants to eat and will show interest in a pellet but just can't physically eat it. I've broken a bit up and he's eaten that but can't eat it whole. Could that be an indication of front teeth pain?

Last edited:
I'd say that was molars Elena, chewing air.

Has he ever had tooth root pain?

Sounds a lot like Ginger when she gets that way :(

Vibes and hugs

He's just stopped and took a pellet and ate it and is now arguing with Mini over some oat hay! I'm very confused but very relieved! Obviously still taking him as something isn't right.

ETA. thank for your thoughts, I really appreciate as I know most of you have your own ill bunnies.

Typical bunny, one minute they are refusing food, next minute fighting over it and just as you feel relief they refuse it again. Think they must have this ability to worry their owners programmed at birth.

Hope the vet visit goes ok.

Sending 'be well' vibes from this direction. Hoping he continues to nom properly & be free from pain xx

Thank you all! You're all so wonderful :love:

Mischa and Mini are at the vets. Richard could see some spurs at the back on both sides and rather than bring him home and take him back tomorrow morning they will stay overnight and Mark is going to just double check his teeth and then do the dental tomorrow.

I don't know how those of you with rabbits who need regular dentals do it. I feel totally drained!

Its stressful isnt it :(. I find it helpful to remind myself that it is necessary and will help him get better and relieve the pain. Its so worrying, but you know he is in good hands.

Try and stay distracted with something, I usually find non-rabbity people help, as they take your mind off things.

Its stressful isnt it :(. I find it helpful to remind myself that it is necessary and will help him get better and relieve the pain. Its so worrying, but you know he is in good hands.

Try and stay distracted with something, I usually find non-rabbity people help, as they take your mind off things.

I had it scheduled to give their room a big clean on Friday so am going to do it tomorrow. Should be a bit quicker without them helping bless them!!! Everything is so manic here right now, wish the world would stop for a couple of days to catch up with it all.

Glad to hear in a way that its dental, at least you know the situation and he is in the best possible hands with Mark.

Quick dental and recovery vibes for Mischa and indeed for Mini, not being at home.

And of course, hugs for you!

Back