• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hugo

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Hello RU :wave:

010-20.jpg

014-26.jpg

029-17.jpg

He's a week old and doing really well. For the past few days he's only woken up twice in the night and is starting to settle himself.

I'm finding feeding really difficult, but as I promised myself, am trying not to let it get to me. Just going through the pain if it's bearable, but if not then he's getting a bottle. I'll probably go on like this for as long as possible. If it gets easier then great, if not then at least he's getting some of my milk. :)

Oliver loves his little brother and is doting on him (When he's not playing with his train track!)

Hugo is just perfect! :love::love:

577942_10151574568795254_575695253_24182577_1952965486_n.jpg

Daddy with Hugo!

(as you can see from the top pictures, his jaundice has pretty much gone!)

Awww!

Based on the photos so far, it seems like he mostly sleeps! (bet it's not quite that good is it?!)

Oh Ali... I remember the breast feeding days well!

I'm glad you're sticking to it! Not sure if you're aware but the BFN (Breast Feeding Network) have a telephone advice service on offer. It's pretty fantastic! (My mum is one of the supporters on the other end of the phone and she's incredible!) Below is the link if you need it... (and for anyone else who's breastfeeding on RU!)

http://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/breastfeeding-helplines.html

My first 2 weeks of feeding were quite painful but it soon eased off and was fine :) Recheck your positioning though if it's really sore on your nipples as it shouldn't be too bad!

Lots of hugs and Hugo is beautiful!!!!

He is a gorgeous baby.. :love::love:

I also remember the breastfeeding pain! I know its not meant to hurt but it did, everytime I latched I had to hold my breathe for 5 seconds - but it DID get better after 1-2 weeks! But like you say just go with the flow - so to speak :lol:

Thank you! I think he's perfect, but I'm a little biased.

I'm sure I'll get feeding sorted...even if it does end up more formula based. Every formula feed I have an internal panic attack that my milk will dry up. Silly thing to worry about as he's not exactly going to go hungry even if it did, but a panic, none the less!:?

Baby blues have struck with full force and I spent most of yesterday crying my eyes out feeling really miserable. Being alone all day with a baby with painful wind and missing River and Howard had that effect.....! Felt better today although still emotional and had a visit from my best friend so am hoping it'll just go away soon.

Here's my little man right now...! (I also have Howard lying on my right arm! We got him back home tonight and he's being very clingy. He had a great time with my friend and then my brother but is obviously very happy to be home!)

577942_10151676338315651_611210650_23892671_1443788669_n.jpg

485188_10151676361980651_611210650_23892719_972203305_n.jpg

....and Howard...happy to be home...!

529990_10151674014830651_611210650_23890337_1078657982_n.jpg

:love::love::love:Aww, he is absolutely beautiful. :love::love::love:

I remember the baby blues well especially when you go from full time support to no support. Can I just check, is the pain when you are breastfeeding just 10s or so as baby is attaching and getting going or does it last right through a feed? I fed all three and my last had major problems getting going so can understand the hormones and mind clashing over what is best for you and baby.

:love::love::love:Aww, he is absolutely beautiful. :love::love::love:

I remember the baby blues well especially when you go from full time support to no support. Can I just check, is the pain when you are breastfeeding just 10s or so as baby is attaching and getting going or does it last right through a feed? I fed all three and my last had major problems getting going so can understand the hormones and mind clashing over what is best for you and baby.

It's mostly the first 10-30 seconds where there's searing pain but at the moment because he's spending so long feeding there's always a (just about bearable) pain for the full duration of the feed.

He takes a while to latch...something that I know I won't be helping with the bottles but once he gets it right he's fine. He only feeds for 5-10 minutes before falling asleep, falling off boob and then waking up and wanting more, so we have to latch again. He puts his fingers in the way which impedes on the latching, but if I swaddle him then he tries to free his arms to put them in his mouth and forgets to even try to latch. It probably sounds like more of a problem than it is, as he DOES latch, and latches well, but the times that he misses and we have to retry, or he gets "just" the nipple seems to have taken its toll, along with the constant feeding.
I'm persevering. :) It'd definitely be better if I wasn't all hormonal and emotional! :lol::roll:

It's mostly the first 10-30 seconds where there's searing pain but at the moment because he's spending so long feeding there's always a (just about bearable) pain for the full duration of the feed.

He takes a while to latch...something that I know I won't be helping with the bottles but once he gets it right he's fine. He only feeds for 5-10 minutes before falling asleep, falling off boob and then waking up and wanting more, so we have to latch again. He puts his fingers in the way which impedes on the latching, but if I swaddle him then he tries to free his arms to put them in his mouth and forgets to even try to latch. It probably sounds like more of a problem than it is, as he DOES latch, and latches well, but the times that he misses and we have to retry, or he gets "just" the nipple seems to have taken its toll, along with the constant feeding.
I'm persevering. :) It'd definitely be better if I wasn't all hormonal and emotional! :lol::roll:

It does sound mainly like the early days pain and it should really start to improve soon. I know the midwives go on about nipple confusion but all my three had bottles maybe every couple of days or once a day for the youngest and I really don't think it made a difference. The most crucial thing in making sure the latch is a good one is that his bottom lip is curled outwards while he is feeding. That will mean he has definitely got things in the right places to make it feel better for you. Sorry if you already know this but having been there I am desperate to help where possible. :oops::oops:

hugo is gorgeous! :love:

the thought of breast feeding sends a shiver down my spine. i hate hate hate nipples so the thought of a baby on mine makes me go cold! *shudder*

Back