• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you ever bought this Wilkinsons rabbit toy? Covered in glue...

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/guinea...7WIULShKdx0JzYsFU+8Rl/PK+zq3KvlM ldOvDfCXcw==

So I bought these a few months ago, they had the carrot and loved it - no glue on it. I gave them the corn the night before last and I've just picked it up in the shed to see this: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae341/eiidare/?action=view&current=529b8dae.mp4

Kinda long but basically the leaf parts are stuck down with LOADS of glue. The glue is also close in to the middle too.

I had to rush Tapla to the vets for stasis today... Could this be the cause?

Feel so guilty... I could feel some lines running up the leaves but assumed it was just the bristles. The leaves are tight to it, I assumed they'd used some other way of putting them on. Why didn't I check :cry:?

Thats terrible, there is a ridiculous amount of glue on that... I would think it likely, if she hasnt had stasis before and the vet couldnt find a cause, that this had something to do with it. Too much of a coincidence.

I hope she's okay.

I think you should write to wilkinsons and complain, and also mention the stasis and the vet fees you have incurred. It important that this is brought to their attention, and hopefully they may also make ammends somehow.

I actually can't believe that... Whoever manufactured those seemingly does not have animal welfare at heart? Do they even know anything about them?? I've wondered about the paint on rabbit toys so have never bought them. I definitely think you should complain, I'm sure I would be ill if I snacked on that glue & I'm nowhere near as delicate as a rabbit. You should totally not feel guilty. I would have given that to my rabbit in good faith.

That doesn't look good at all! :shock: I think you should definitely complain, maybe even send that video. They need to stop selling them. Don't blame yourself, you weren't to know. Did you show it to the vet? Sending lots of vibes for Tapla xx

OMG thats terrible.:shock: Please complain to the store head office and the manufacturer. They need to stop making them or change the way they make them. I have never bought them from Wilkinsons but I do have them from other online pet stores in diff packaging which is long thrown away. I'm going to check them over now. :(

:cry: i wonder if dec maybe went into statis because of a wilkinson toy i have a few but i have never bought that one :(

I just checked our corn toy and its the same as yours! :shock:Nearly all the leaf is gone but there is still lots of glue and the bits of leaf left is stuck hard with glue too. I feel awful. Beatrix has had statis and suspected wind while we have had this toy.:cry: I can't even remember how long we've had this toy as I buy lots. I feel like such a rubbish bunnymommy that I didn't realise. :cry:

:shock: complain, I bought one of those when Donny was a baby and it was fine, I checked everywhere for glue and things and it was fine. But that was a year ago. That's shocking though :shock: they should stop selling them if it's going to be a danger :( hope Tapla feels better soon xxx

:shock: That's a lot of glue! I agree with what has already been said, I think you should complain, they shouldn't sell toys that are meant to be chewed with glue on them. I hope Tapla's ok xxx

That's horrible! :shock: Can't believe how much glue they've put on that thing! Makes you wonder how many other buns there are out there that could possibly have got ill from chewing this :cry: There must be a few :cry: :evil:

I've been to Wilko today :shock:

Only bought their disinfectant and a large seagrass ball though. I will check my things I've bought them in the past.

Seeing this has put me off Wilko a bit now

I have seen things like this in the past, from other makes. Some of the ancol carrot patch toys have this kind of clear glue on them too. There was some thing on the label saying all materials safe for pets etc, but i wouldnt buy a toy if i saw glue like that on it. Hope ur bunny is ok xx

Back