• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How quickly do your buns tums react to something that doesnt agree with them?

How quickly do your buns tums react to new food that doesn't agree!

• Less than 12hrs

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 24hrs

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 48hrs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please state!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
A poll will be coming!!!

As the title says, how quickly do you see the effects of feeding something new or something that doesn't agree with your bunnies digestive system? I'm trying to switch Daisy to a wild forage diet and having difficulty working out what plants are causing problems! Just to add she has had a lot of problems with caecal dysbiosis so has developed a delicate digestive system already! I know the text books say 48hrs but curious to know what everyone thinks!

My Daisy is affected within a few hours, sometimes even less than that, she seems very sensitive. Digby also within 12 hours, although it's very rare with him. Not much affects Olly, but Honey is also quite sensitive and shows it within 12 hours. Maybe it's a girl bun thing?! :wave:

I would say somewhere between 12 and 24 hours for Bubbles although, interestingly, she hasn't had any sloppy poos in recent weeks despite eating far more pellets, and less hay. :? Not that I'm advocating that as a suitable diet but it just struck me as odd, as I've been expecting her to have the odd squidgy poop. :?

Back