• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milk thistle and steroids

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
My bunny is currently on steroids and one of the side affect is liver damage. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of giving their bunnies milk thistle for something like this?

If so, where could you buy it from (health shop?) ? What forms does it come in and does it have to be mixed with anything?

Of course I wouldn't give it unless consulting my vet first.

A few drops of the liquid from Holland and Barrat in the water is how i have used it in the past :D

Hope your bunny feels better soon.

:wave: Thank you both for the information, have just ordered some from your link Jane as it says it is alcohol free.

Hi Bunny Babe,

My bun Alice has been on long term steroids as a last resort. She has a tea-spoon of milk thistle pellets a day from Galen's Garden shop. She did have some liver function issues in November but they seem to have stablilised and she is doing as well as could be expected.

Regards,
Nicki:wave:

Hi Bunny Babe,

My bun Alice has been on long term steroids as a last resort. She has a tea-spoon of milk thistle pellets a day from Galen's Garden shop. She did have some liver function issues in November but they seem to have stablilised and she is doing as well as could be expected.

Regards,
Nicki:wave:

Thank you. I will have a look at those too in case he won't drink the water with the drops.

Back