• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

So Harris may be a girl

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
:shock: In our P@H, there are 4 adoption pens for rabbits. Mother and daughter pairs were in two pens (mother&daughter in one, and mother&daughter in another), then the two other pens had a pair of girls, and a pair of boys. I didn't know this at the time, I just said, I want that rabbit :)

So she (staff member) picked him up, went to check his sex, came back and said he was a boy. Then I was speaking to another member of staff who I was talking to last week, and he said he was glad this little girl was coming home with me as he knew she would be spayed and bonded into a large home. Both the female staff member and myself said he's a boy. And the man said that it was that pen that was the girls, and the other pen was the boys. But she said no, she'd been out the back and checked with another person, and he was definitely a boy. I personally, thought 'it' looked female. But she said boy, so we called him Harris, and that was that.

So I took him to the vet today for his Myxi jag and asked him to check. The vet said he wasn't an expert, but 'it' looks more female than male. He said there would be some evidence of testicles by 10 weeks.

So basically, I'm wondering how soon balls show up. I know they have usually dropped by 4 months, but are they even 'feelable' at 10 weeks?

my first ever min lop without a word of lie, we thought was female until 14months old, talk about sudden change :oops: we had a guy, and vets and pet shop tell us mitzi was female, there where no boy bits, then at 14months old they suddenly appeared :shock: :lol:

sox couldn't be neutered for a while as he kept putting his bits in eveytime he went vets, had one vet doubt he was a he and got vet nurse to check, said he is a he, i had seen his boy bits he had little ones at 8weeks, but after that kept putting them in at vets :lol:

can you get clear photo of his/her private area?

Aww :lol: I thought she was a girl all along from your other post:

She's in the adoption bit at Pets at Home, I tried to buy her on Monday, got her to the counter, and the man hadn't checked the date she was ready, which is next Monday, so she had to go back to that cage :( So...my decision is, do I make another 220 mile round trip, for a bunny? :? She is completely adorable though. Seriously adorable. I think she may be crossed with a Lionhead, as she's long haired, but Nethie sized and shaped :love:

Or was that another rabbit? :? :lol:

Aww :lol: I thought she was a girl all along from your other post:

Or was that another rabbit? :? :lol:

Oh that was a different one. I phoned up on Saturday, and he said she couldn't go until Monday, and from the amount of people who had asked about her, she would be gone by 9.01am Monday. There were people planning on queueing up for her before the store even opened. That's how cute she was! :shock:

But I love my little man (or girl LOL) even more than that one.

hmm
boy or girl :p
it be cheaper to do if its a boy thats for sure
but girl buns are lovely little maddams too :lol:

Back