• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tapla is hunched / stretching U/D need help

It won't hurt to take her to the vet, if it's not serious it won't cost much, and you know your bunny better than anyone else so if you think she needs to go then take her.

Lola's had a few issues with her gut slowing down and generally as soon as she eats something she's fine, so personally I'd see how she is and decide right before I'd actually have to take her.

Thanks everyone! After I posted I waited for another 10 mins and then went to see them. She seemed brighter and ate 5 pellets but nothing else. Then I took her to the vets and she had metaclop and metacam painkillers and gut stimulants. I then made the stupid mistake of letting them both out for a run straight from their carrier and they ran around for 20 mins, then refused to come back in. I had to chase them around for nearly an hour. I was so fuming and tired. I've been out but I've left them since, as I know that will have stressed them too. Gonna go check on them soon.

Bill came to £66 :cry:

She's still refusing food, and now Nena is a little bit too. She wouldn't come in from the run and only nibbled on stuff when I took it out. Tapla with much coaking took 1 bite of parsley and 1 bite of cabbage, but nothing else.

Main problem is, I can't syringe critical care because they're outside and it's too dark :(. My mom would go spare if I brought them in, but apart from that I don't see how I could logistically - the wires at the back of the fridge are exposed because it's side on, and I dunno how I'd cover them. Also, they don't like being picked up so I don't see how I could move them both from the shed to the utility room. It's also dark, and the grass is very slippy. I don't know what to do. I can't syringe them outside but how can I bring them in... :cry:

How are they both now? I've never had a problem with Hopscotch not eating so don't know what to suggest :(

Remember they'll pick up on your stress.
Take them out all sorts of treats. Separate them out there if you can and count everything you take out. Go inside for half an hour. Go and check what has been eaten by counting.

I hope they're okay. :wave:

Remember they'll pick up on your stress.
Take them out all sorts of treats. Separate them out there if you can and count everything you take out. Go inside for half an hour. Go and check what has been eaten by counting.

I hope they're okay. :wave:

I don't think there's any way I can seperate them unfortunately :( I've just been in and tempted Tapla with a piece of apple which she ate, albeit a bit slowly! She also then had a few bites of parsley and got in her tray and started messing around with the hay (they have it on the wall). I put some on the floor and she started munching and messing with it, so I'm quite happy that she's eating right now.

Nena sulked and wouldn't come in from the run. As I was leaving the shed I must have spooked her and she darted down the tunnel into the shed. She came in stomping and I covered up the hole so they're in the shed for tonight now, and she was most unimpressed. She was stomping and stomping. Put Tapla right off her second bit of apple and Nena wouldn't touch it. Great Nena :roll:!

I also found something which I'm concerned about, I've put a video here: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae341/eiidare/?action=view&current=529b8dae.mp4

Hi :wave:

Thanks for your concern, she's all better now :) Went straight back to her cheeky naughty self the next morning, much quicker than I expected! Nena was poorly for over a week after her episode a few months ago ! :shock:

Back