• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan Insurance

Georgi

Young Bun
I'm a little bit confused about insurance :?

Cello went into stasis yesterday and the vet mentioned that there were some spurs on her teeth but that these didn't appear to be bothering her at the moment. I've been looking at getting petplan insurance for life but I'm not sure whether she will ever be covered for stasis or dental work seeing as these were seen before the cover started? Or does it just mean that she won't be covered for this bout of stasis?

Anyone have any idea as to what it means?

Hi

Sadly most insurance companies wont cover any pre-existing condition. So if bunny has had stasis (or any other illness) before the insurance was taken out then whatever the condition was will be excluded from the policy and not covered.

Pretty sure Petplan don't cover dentals.....unfortunate really because Bramble just had one too :( Just going to check though!

Last edited:
Pretty sure Petplan don't cover dentals.....unfortunate really because Bramble just had one too :( Just going to check though!

Thank you both, if you find out whether they do cover dentals or not could you let me know please?

Thanks again!

In theory, they DO pay out for dentals.

However, there are terms and its very much at their discretion.

http://www.petplan.co.uk/assets/pdf/PP_CFL_TCs.pdf

Read point 16 of the 'What we will not pay for'.

Hmmm thanks for that, maybe I'll pop in and ask the vet whether the spurs were written in her records as she was given a full health check including a dental exam before she left the rescue last week which was apparently fine. Hopefully he'll won't have and then I can get away with it :lol:

Just spoken to someone at Petplan about Bramble's dental and they will not pay out for it. It has been be an infection or something more major than just a teeth file or trim.......worth a try though!

Back