• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrr is there such a thing as an "untippable" dish!

Morning!!!
Having gone out to check my buns this morning once again BOTH tubs are upside down and food is all over the place. Having only had my bunnys (can't say girls or boys as I don't know yet!!) just over a week this is starting to irk a little.......... any handy hints from Rabbit Veterans out there??
PS: Do they ever sleep? They are sat watching the world go by every time I go out:p

Heavy ceramic dog bowls are a great idea as anything light or plastic is just going to get whizzed about as a toy. Mind you, Frank likes to drag his bowl about by his teeth or putting his front legs in and pulling. :lol:

What are you feeding them? I'd advise changing them onto something like Burgess Excel if they are not already on a complete food. Mine get about an eggcup full of that in the morning and it's wolfed down in about 5 minutes. Then they get some veggies or in summer grass and bunny edible weeds in the afternoon. And most importantly a huge handful of fresh hay at least once a day. It's important it's fresh as they will often pick out the best bits and ignore the rest which can be recycled as bedding so it's not wasted. That's fine with hay, but not the muesli type food as they won't be getting a balanced diet if they only pick out the bits they like and fling the rest about.

And they are very alert and curious, so that's why they're always awake. They can be snoozing, but if they hear you coming, they will be up and waiting to see what you're up to. :D

Last edited:
I love your signature it's fabby! I am just using Wagg and yep they are picking out the flakes and leaving the brown pellets. I have looked at Burgess tho, and will give it a try. Having no experience of buns at all I just went for the one with a rabbit picture on it and I seem to be going thru a helluva lot! Hence my question. And yep I give them plenty of hay each day and have got everyone saving up loo rolls and hanky boxes for me.
I give them about 1/4 cabbage each per day is that too much green? (not always cabbage just trying to let u know quantities) As my garden doesn't have grass.
Ah, I feel like I have SOOOOOOO much to learn - quite exciting really.
And, this is a lovely friendly forum - thanks guys you're pretty cool too :love:

Back