• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help please!!

Claire_r

Warren Scout
I posted yesterday about pebble been poorly but then seemed to pick up. She is even worse this morning and now not eating :( she has drank a bit of water with the powder the vets gave us. Her poo is runny and she was covered in it and we just dont know if she will be ok:( my boyfriend is ringing the vets as soon as they open, I think she should stay in with them
This time. I'm not so sure it's just something she ate as this is the 3rd time now. :(

If you call the vets immediately they should have an out of hours practise. Sounds pretty urgent- i wouldn't wait. Good luck. Xx

If you call the vets immediately they should have an out of hours practise. Sounds pretty urgent- i wouldn't wait. Good luck. Xx

I agree - you need to call them now - if you call the normal number it should transfer you to out of hours. It does cost a lot of money, but it sounds like she needs it x Lots of vibes x

Did the vet check for coccidiosis?

It is a potentially fatal Infection, but it can be treated there is some very effective medication for it.

Fingers crossed for your rabbit.

Hi,

Iam not sure if the vet has checked for that. she is with the vets for today and we are going to speak to the vet after work to see if it might be worth keeping her in overnight as this is when it seems to happen. The vet couldnt feel any blockages or anything strange so i am hoping its a bug that can just be treated.

The vet has told my boyfriend though that they have had another bunny in from the same breeder and there might have been a bug going round.

I will let you know how it goes when we go see her after work.

Thank you for your replies :wave:

We got her to the vet as soon as they opened thank you. the vet said she seemed awake and lively enough so they are going to ring my boyfriend later today to let him know how she is getting on. :D

I do hope you get good news from the vets and sending loads of vibes for Pebble.

But if this is a recurrent problem then try not to let the vet just send her home again without at least a new course of treatment or a diagnosis of some sort. I don't know your vet, they might be very rabbit savvy but I have had experience of being given medications that treated the symptoms not the underlying cause for months on end.

Good luck, she sounds very lucky to have such an observant and quick acting owner!

(((((((((((VIBES))))))))))))

aww thank you :)

well we suggested that she stay overnight with them because this is when it seems to happen. I think they are rabbit savvy as we took our other two we used to have there and they were fine. I think my boyfriend might kinda get a bit strict with them now because this is the 3rd time this has happened and obviously its not good going backwards and forwards with her to the vet.
i hope they can sort it this time around. :D

It sounds horrible! I think sometimes vets can be a little "oh they'll be fine.." when you clearly know they're not. I am changing vets soon :)

It sounds horrible! I think sometimes vets can be a little "oh they'll be fine.." when you clearly know they're not. I am changing vets soon :)

Its not nice to wake up and find bunny pats all over the nice new seagrass mat we put in there cage :lol: and poor flint bouncing on them :shock: but i do love her to bits so i will keep pestering them untill they make her better ! :D

Well, we have spoken to the Vet and we think she is staying in overnight with them, she has started eating again and pooping so hopefully all is well. We are ringing them again a about 6 so hopefully more good news :D

Thinking of you and Pebble.

Hope you get a diagnosis soon and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a quick recovery for her.

Thank you for all your replies :D:love:

We can pick Pebble up tonight and she is so much better, we have to give her medication for a week but she has been eating and pooping properly with no messes. Still not sure what caused it but hopefully this is the last of it poor little thing she is. We are going to try give her the same hay as the vets just incase its the Timothy hay we give them that she doesnt like.

:thumb:

Yay Pebble is home now. She is sat nomming away and drinking lots again, she is still a bit sleepy but I think that may be the medication. I think Flint has missed her as he Hasn't left her side since she got back :D::love:

Awww bunny love! :love::love::love::love:

So glad to hear that Pebble is feeling better, still sending vibes!

Back