• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cello needs nomming vibes :(

Georgi

Young Bun
Went out to feed the bunnies this morning and Cello didn't want her pellets :( She seemed ok otherwise so I kept an eye on her all day, tried offering her food but she didn't want it (she doesn't always take food off me anyway as I've only had her since Wed!). Gave them an early supper of veg so if she still wasn't eating I had time to get her to the vets and she didn't even sniff at it :cry:

Took her off to the vets and he gave her metaclopramide, vetergesic, zantac and subcut fluids and gave me some critical care food to syringe feed her with. She was very well behaved at the vets and even took her syringe feed well which surprised me. Now her and Buzz are in a little hospital pen in my room so I can catch her easier for more syringe feeds.

Cost £110 :shock: and that was with a 10% discount!! Can't wait until I qualify and don't have to pay vet fees :lol:

So lots of nomming vibes would be much appreciated!! Also does anyone have any tips on how to stop a very greedy bunny stealing all the yummy foods? :roll:

Thanks guys it seems to be working!

Quick question, how often and for how long do you syringe feed? I fed her at about 7 and again at 9, she's been eating a few dried dandelion leaves just now and possibly a little bit of hay. Not sure whether to give her a feed now and leave her til morning or wake up at some point in the night for another feed or leave her for the moment in the hopes that she eats bit more herself :?

Back