• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A couple of weeks on from having the new vac

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
Both my girls that had it just seem not quite right :? They are eating, pooping and had a clean bill of health teethwise etc at the time. One had it before the other and started to act not right before her. My girl who didn't have it yet is completely fine.

There isn't anything obviously wrong with them either, eating, pooping fine, Cookie's really evaded capture to be put out to play more than normal, but when I do finally manage to get her out she's binkying and scooting round fine, same with her sister. They just seem subdued a little bit, and Cookie for example resting on her toilet today (she never does this) rather than her normal corners. I noticed Lola was settled in her toilet the other day, again, she normally wouldn't, and has stopped that now. Lola snuggled down the other night, then got up, turned round in a circle and sat down again, and repeated it a few times. She sent me in a panic something terrible was wrong but then went back to normal again. I think the vet will think I am mad if I take them in and say that. There's nothing I can think of that they could even do :?

I thought at the time how they both seemed to be perfectly fine after having it, no off day or anything like they have had when having singular vaccines. Cookies eyes came up a little bit pink, but soon went down. I don't know if it was related or not.

I havn't seen on here anyone else seeming to have a problem, so it makes me question if I am overthinking things :? it made me think that I only notice as I know their personalities so well. Rabbits that have been tested on in a lab, surely the researcher doesn't know the bunny and wouldn't spot any slight behaviour change like this to report. Even my OH says "they seem alright to me" but there is just something about them I can't place is wrong.

Hopefully they will be ok.

Maybe you are just noticing extra little things because you are so vigilantly watching them just now?

It could well be. I hope that it is all it is. (I am the most chilled out person normally, but get really anxious when it comes to the buns). Think I am going to have to ride it out and hope for the best and any worsening take them in. I will mention it to my vet when I take the last one in for hers, but not expecting them to really have any idea seen as it is so new on the market.

Does anyone know if this new vaccine is meant to be in one vial? my vet draws it from two seperate ones :?

I have not had it yet but having it in two vials seems very odd - canyou start a new thread asking about that?

6 of mine had it. My vet mixed two vials together, if you read the data sheet it I'm sure I saw a reference to this somewhere.

6 of mine had it. My vet mixed two vials together, if you read the data sheet it I'm sure I saw a reference to this somewhere.

I was just going to say that. :thumb:

My two haven't had the combined vaccine but the datasheet refers to the vaccination needing to be reconstituted by mixing the vaccine with a solvent (I presume it's powdered as it refers to a lyophilisate).

http://www.msd-animal-health.co.uk/Products_Public/nobivac-myxo-rhd/090_product_datasheet.aspx

That makes more sense - that its something that is mixed from two 'vials' but then drawn up from one - we have had other meds like that.

Back