• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

insurance

Livi

Alpha Buck
I have just been quoted £46.00 per month for Pip & Rusty to be insured via Petplan.

They are 2 year old bunnies, both spayed/neutured. Does this seem about right or a touch on the expensive side?

I have one with petplan and thats around a tenner. so £40something seems expensive.
But hopefully someone who knows more than me will come along soon x

I have just two insured with P@H and they are less than £10/month each. I know PetPlan are a bit more expensive, but that does seem excessive.

I pay approx £24 a month for two 'ordinary' crossbreed rabbits with PetPlan. £46 seems very expensive - are they a particular breed? (Just wonder whether that makes a difference to cost.)

I just checked my Direct Debit. I pay £22.10 total a month for the two of my bunnies so £46 is very expensive!

I just got my pair of crossbreeds insured with Petplan for £18 something a month! £40 seems a lot! Mine have no medical conditions at the moment though- if yours do that might raise the price?
S x

I haven't got any buns insured with Petplan but that fee seems HUGE. Always haggle them down.

With car insurance, my Dad often tells them he has been quoted a lower fee elsewhere for the same level of cover - maybe try this. They are after your custom after all! :)

Had an expensive weekend on the vet bill front myself, so will be looking into this...

I'm afraid it's that high because you live in London. When we've had thread before on cost of insurance it's the one factor that's varied so much with premium costs - vets are dearer so the insurance is too. That's been true of Pet Plan but you may not find it with the other insurers, it's worth a look around.

I'm afraid it's that high because you live in London. When we've had thread before on cost of insurance it's the one factor that's varied so much with premium costs - vets are dearer so the insurance is too. That's been true of Pet Plan but you may not find it with the other insurers, it's worth a look around.

I was going to say this too... Mine are insured with pets at home.

my bunnies are insured with petplan.
George is £15.60 (8 yrs old)
Peppa is £13.00 (7 yrs old)
We live in north lanarkshire....scotland.
£46 seems a lot to be honest.

Thanks All. I know its cheeky but I was getting a general quote & didnt put the statis probs in initially as I needed to get all exact details from the vets before I could put them in, so that isnt what caused it to cost more I dont think :(

When I get home tonight I need to get Pip & Rustys microchip numbers & then I will try a P@H quote, plus a few others as £46.00 does seem a lot especially as my main concern is for the Statis which I would presume wont be covered anyway :(

Thanks All. I know its cheeky but I was getting a general quote & didnt put the statis probs in initially as I needed to get all exact details from the vets before I could put them in, so that isnt what caused it to cost more I dont think :(

When I get home tonight I need to get Pip & Rustys microchip numbers & then I will try a P@H quote, plus a few others as £46.00 does seem a lot especially as my main concern is for the Statis which I would presume wont be covered anyway :(

Not sure whether you got this PetPlan on-line? If so, I would ring them as I cannot see why the premium quoted is so high.

I've been quoted £24 from Petplan for 2 buns although one is fictional as I was just comparing prices as Stanley is single at the moment. I'm pretty sure mine is based on London prices.
Has anyone had to claim on P @H insurance, were they any good? I don't like buying from them but they are half the price so worth considering.

Back