• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little Poppy <3

Bink

Mama Doe
I thought I would post some recent pics of my little Poppy, who gave me a scare this weekend when on Saturday she stopped eating and went all floppy and despondent (see Health thread). She is doing better today and I am so proud of her. She is the smallest of my four buns (lots of fur to make up for it) and as such I always worry about her that little teensy bit more - fearing she is not as robust as the others, and all that fur requires attention. Going to vets later, possibly looking at a dental, we'll see. For now, I just wanted to share my little Popsy/Poptart/Popso (and a little bit of husbun Sid) because I am full to the brim of LOVE for her <3:love:

256.jpg

Poppy's favourite place come rain or shine is on the roof of their "bolt hole" hutch (i.e. not where they sleep, just somewhere else to go in the run)

119.jpg

Going for a scamper in the garden. This picture is from when we first had Sid (from Rabbit Residence). His mobility was poor due to the conditions he was kept in at his previous home, he couldn't manage any of the ramps at first so we made steps for him and gradually took them away as he improved - he scoots up and down as fast as the other now :love:

081.jpg

With husbun Sid, who hasn't been terribly good at the whole "looking after her" deal. I am certain in his own way he is pleased that she is doing better. He is also very good at finding and eating any stray Fibreplex :roll:

205.jpg

My gorgeous fluffy girly <3

Poppy is so gorgeous an great news she is on the mend her husband is looking quite cute too :)

Poppy is so gorgeous an great news she is on the mend her husband is looking quite cute too :)

He's come on leaps and bounds wendle, he also had just recovered from a serious bout of furmites when we got him. Had been in a 2ft long "hutch" in a barn (so no sunshine) and used for breeding, but otherwise kept alone. Although they have been together for nearly a year, and clearly care about each other, Sid has only just started grooming Poppy back - think he's working out what it is he's supposed to do.

Aww that's really nice you got him outta that horrible situation and gave him a happy home they look so happy together

Your Donny looks like my Siddy! I can't believe I only just noticed that. Donny looks much tidier than Sid though :lol:

Your Donny looks like my Siddy! I can't believe I only just noticed that. Donny looks much tidier than Sid though :lol:

:lol: He looks like he's dragged himself through a bush at the moment because he thinks it's clever to sit in the only wet patch in the run so his fur goes all horrible :roll: I think it's because he loves a good towel rub! :lol:

But Sid's face is GORGEOUS, is he a mini lop? Don is a drawf lop x lion head. A few days before he was due to be shipped to the vets to be PTS I went and picked him up :( (my sisters friends dad owns the local garden centre and Donny and one of his sisters were over stock :( (same with Lola, same place) his sister went to another home luckily. It was a shame because although they were in 4ft hutches they were quite deep and high, and they had plenty of exercise time and hay. His mom was a full on lion head though, I can't believe he hasn't got any fuzz :lol:

:lol: He looks like he's dragged himself through a bush at the moment because he thinks it's clever to sit in the only wet patch in the run so his fur goes all horrible :roll: I think it's because he loves a good towel rub! :lol:

But Sid's face is GORGEOUS, is he a mini lop? Don is a drawf lop x lion head. A few days before he was due to be shipped to the vets to be PTS I went and picked him up :( (my sisters friends dad owns the local garden centre and Donny and one of his sisters were over stock :( (same with Lola, same place) his sister went to another home luckily. It was a shame because although they were in 4ft hutches they were quite deep and high, and they had plenty of exercise time and hay. His mom was a full on lion head though, I can't believe he hasn't got any fuzz :lol:

Sid was described as a sooty fawn dwarf lop on his rescue sheet. Donny and Lola were over stock? :( that's so sad, I can't bear to think of them as "stock" - well done you for stepping in though! They must have landed on their feet though, with a mummeh who towel rubs bunnies who got wet on purpose ;) :love:

Sid does have a particularly big squishy face, and he is the biggest cuddler out of my lot.

Sid was described as a sooty fawn dwarf lop on his rescue sheet. Donny and Lola were over stock? :( that's so sad, I can't bear to think of them as "stock" - well done you for stepping in though! They must have landed on their feet though, with a mummeh who towel rubs bunnies who got wet on purpose ;) :love:

Sid does have a particularly big squishy face, and he is the biggest cuddler out of my lot.

Donny is a bit dim tbh :lol: he is huge compared to Lola and will frequently binky and land on her :roll: :lol: My sister came home and asked if I "still wanted another rabbit because Beth doesn't want the last 2 to die" :( so instead of a rescue I was on a mission to save him! I would have had his sister too but he was going to be bonded with Poppy.. and the sister had an eye problem which the new owners paid for to be fixed :love: ...My sister came home saying the same thing about Lola, but she was the only one left :( I got her at about 2 and a half months old, she'll be 1 at the end of May :D

I would have preferred to rescue but you can't say no to fate :D

Donny is a bit dim tbh :lol: he is huge compared to Lola and will frequently binky and land on her :roll: :lol: My sister came home and asked if I "still wanted another rabbit because Beth doesn't want the last 2 to die" :( so instead of a rescue I was on a mission to save him! I would have had his sister too but he was going to be bonded with Poppy.. and the sister had an eye problem which the new owners paid for to be fixed :love: ...My sister came home saying the same thing about Lola, but she was the only one left :( I got her at about 2 and a half months old, she'll be 1 at the end of May :D

I would have preferred to rescue but you can't say no to fate :D

Haha, clumsy binkies :lol: Sid is learning how to binky, he can just about manage it on his wobbly hind legs :love:

Back