• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent advice please

hayley2126

Warren Scout
hi we ended up bring Timon home not sure if it was the right thing to do but the vet was taking the iv out and he had not eaten a thing but as soon as we ghot there he jumped in the box which had some hay from his brothers in and began munching he also had a few treats

since hes been home he has not stop eating and has given us about 10 poos which i am so happy about. They had a dog in that would not stop barking and the vet thought just for his stress levels he might be better back home which i think he is i just went with my gut.

However his brothers did not welcome him home 9normally i would take them to pick each other up but did not intend to be bringing him home) one is fine with him the other went for him a couple of times so off we all went to tesco for milk about 15 min drive in all

this seemed to do the trick they ignored each other for about 15 mins then after 30 were all grooming but now every so often simba just gos for him (simba is normally the most calm out of the 3) my OH has set a bed up out side their cage and we have made it a little smaller as its about 12 by 4 foot. Normally they free range but we are keeping them close for now. Not sure what to do at the mo as soon as he goes for timon we step in and lift him out then put him back (simba that is) not sure what to do for the best

please if any one can advise that would be greatr im in a bit of a mess :cry:

I will try my best.

Same thing happened with my bunny when he stayed several nights at the vets. When my OH got him home, my other bunny lunged at him. They kept fighting. My partner had no choice but to keep them seperate. (I am away at the moment). They are still seperate nearly a month later.

If possible I would keep them apart tonight, you don't want them to injure each other or cause further stress. Try and set up a seperate area but close enough that they can see each other.

There are alot of people on here with great bonding and rebonding advice who can help. All I can think for now is to definately keep them apart.

Thank you soo much for the advice the issue is they have now been together 3 and a bit hours and he has lunged twice the rest of the time he has either ignored him or they have all been grooming, they have groomed more than they have fought which is why im not sure i should split for another night i am happy to try and stay awake all eve but its pumba, him and timon are so happy to be back together infact i swear the amount of licking is just not right :lol: so to split them again oh i don't know think im emotional and tired

I will try my best.

Same thing happened with my bunny when he stayed several nights at the vets. When my OH got him home, my other bunny lunged at him. They kept fighting. My partner had no choice but to keep them seperate. (I am away at the moment). They are still seperate nearly a month later.

If possible I would keep them apart tonight, you don't want them to injure each other or cause further stress. Try and set up a seperate area but close enough that they can see each other.

There are alot of people on here with great bonding and rebonding advice who can help. All I can think for now is to definately keep them apart.

Thank you soo much for the advice the issue is they have now been together 3 and a bit hours and he has lunged twice the rest of the time he has either ignored him or they have all been grooming, they have groomed more than they have fought which is why im not sure i should split for another night i am happy to try and stay awake all eve but its pumba, him and timon are so happy to be back together infact i swear the amount of licking is just not right :lol: so to split them again oh i don't know think im emotional and tired

I have only had bonding problem with my pair I have now, Mr Bennett clearly prefers being single as it has happened twice. He loves being single, which is unusual. I have seen other RU'ers have problems with established couples when one goes to the vets for an overnight stay or longer. Unfortunately I am not the best for advice on rebonding but from what I have learnt, I would keep them seperate for tonight. Keep them within looking distance. Especially if you are so tired and emotional, I know it will only make you more stressed.

thank you soo much the 3 have been grooming each other all included for the last 40 mins never seen them groom so much i have to medicate again in 20 mins so will stay up and see how it goes till then

please please do not think i am not taking your advice (i appreciate it more than you no) i really did not no what to do an hour ago but i have to go with my gut for now and i do not have work in the morn thank god! so can put up with the lack of sleep and they now all seem really happy being with each other.

i an deff taking your advice on board thought and really really am thankful for it do not no what i would do with out you guys

your up late too so hope all yours are okay?

thank you soo much the 3 have been grooming each other all included for the last 40 mins never seen them groom so much i have to medicate again in 20 mins so will stay up and see how it goes till then

please please do not think i am not taking your advice (i appreciate it more than you no) i really did not no what to do an hour ago but i have to go with my gut for now and i do not have work in the morn thank god! so can put up with the lack of sleep and they now all seem really happy being with each other.

i an deff taking your advice on board thought and really really am thankful for it do not no what i would do with out you guys

your up late too so hope all yours are okay?

I am in Australia at the moment. So when everything went wrong at home Mr Bennett not much I could do. My OH had to deal with everything, but I did get alot of help and advice from here.

With my 2, they already had a bonding problem from when Cutie-pie was sick and had an over night stay at the vets 4/5 months before. The 2nd time it wasn't going to work, plus Mr Bennett had issues with bonding with other rabbits at the rescue I got him from. Very different situation and all bunnies are different.

Really hope it works out and they are fine. Most likely they will be from all that licking. If not I am sure you will get great advice from some of the others in the morning.

Back