• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cannot belive what I saw today.

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
I was free ranging the buns and had Elidore and Mona out first as usual. They always get supervised free range time whatever the weather so long as they want to play. So I was strolling aroung around the garden freezing and pulling up the odd weed when a monster cat descended over the fence. It looked like a wild cat hybrid, its tail and legs were so thick, it was incredibly tall and had such a long dense coat. TBH it looked more like a black fox than a cat and it had the meanest yellow eyes. I think it may have been a Norwegian Forest Cat actually.

It headed towards the rabbits and ignored me for all the din I was making so I started to chase it and Elidore joined me :shock: He is nearly 9 years old and had a very bad start in life and was the teeniest shyest bunny when I first adopted him. But today he was a lion (ironically his star sign is Leo).

After the cat left he came up to me several times to butt my hand with his nose which again is unusual for him as he prefers to keep to himself but I think he felt we were united which is lovely :love:

Anyway I thought things had settled down and I sat on the path and watched the birds feed at the bird table. Then the local white squirrel came along to feed to and he dropped some grub on the ground so he went down and collect it. Elidore proceeded to come up and attack him :shock: Luckily no contact was made as the squirrel was too fast but I was utterly gobsmacked. They both tried to box each other at one point and Elidore kept chasing after the squirrel who kept turning to chatter at him.

I wish to goodness I had had a video camera at the time, all I had was my measly phone. But you would have loved it. It was the funniest most bizarre thing I have ever seen excluding the time I saw Nori my greedy fat Dutch steal food out of a grey squirrel's mouth.

My little warrior.
DSCF5190.jpg

The white squirrel.
DSCF5182.jpg

DSCF5181.jpg

Poor wee soul fleeing the monstrous wrath of King Elidore.
DSCF5186.jpg

:lol:

Lopsie used to chase birds and cats out of his garden. He would always chase the cat a bit, then come back to me for reassurance. :love:

Scary stuff:shock: Our childhood bunny, Bonnie, used to protect our dog from feral cats. A neighbour had a huge amount of cats that were all feral and when they used to come in the garden (to tease/hurt the dog who was tiny) Bonnie used to see them off:lol::lol: I'm glad theyre all ok though:thumb:

Aww well done Elidore (love the name), you showed that big bad kitty.

Love the squirrel too :love:

Its a very old and rare Scots name which I found in a book of Celtic fairy tales meaning lad of the pixies :love:

Thanks everyone, the cat was scary and I really hope it does not come back but it just confirms for me that supervised free range time is always best.

The squirrel is a wee sweetheart. he is well known round here and every calls him Snowy, he even made the papers last winter. He is not too shy of humans but I have noticed the other grey squirrels are not so nice to him :( So I think that is why he is not too shy of humans. Or Elidore for that matter :lol:

Back