• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is baking soda safe to use around rabbits and piggies?

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i was just reading tips online to remove fur from the carpet and it said to sprinkle with baking soda and then hoover it off. simple as that. would that be safe to do around them?

don;lt know i use one of those rubber brush things or lidnt brush to pick hair up then hoover afterwards

funny you should say that because i have been on my hands and knees for ages brushing the carpet with a handheld rubber brush that was delivered from the kleeneze man today. time consuming but it's made a massive difference! :thumb:

funny you should say that because i have been on my hands and knees for ages brushing the carpet with a handheld rubber brush that was delivered from the kleeneze man today. time consuming but it's made a massive difference! :thumb:

they do a good job don;t they :thumb:

I wouldnt want them to walk over it :wave: but once hoovered I would say it's fine :thumb:

i could move them to one end of the lounge and then once hoovered move them back. i read another one that said wear slightly wet rubber gloves and wipe over it and that will lift up the fur. that might be better and won't leave the carpet very wet.

Back