• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

general rabbit maintenance help

okikokikate

Mama Doe
Hey, as a relatively new owner Im looking for some help on general rabbit keeping tips.

1) good ways to trim my buns nails - she does not like handling

2) ways to help de fluff her - I think she is moulting because she looks patchy, she sometime is having necklace poops, but she doesn't like being brushed

3) good places to get vet bed from- she has hocks that like a little red

she is an indoor bun and neutured.

Hey, as a relatively new owner Im looking for some help on general rabbit keeping tips.

1) good ways to trim my buns nails - she does not like handling

2) ways to help de fluff her - I think she is moulting because she looks patchy, she sometime is having necklace poops, but she doesn't like being brushed

3) good places to get vet bed from- she has hocks that like a little red

she is an indoor bun and neutured.

1. I take mine to the vets rather than do it myself, it's cheap and they can get a general health check at the same time :thumb:

2. Try something like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mikki-Cot...1?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item3374c50d13 Finx hates the brush but loves these!

3. Not sure on this one sorry!

I would also say take her to the vet, if she is really wiggly she could hurt herself/you.

Never had to groom my bunnies so I can't help you there.

I got my vet bed from ebay for the same problem :thumb:

Think I will get one of those mitts to help her moulting.
Prob for the best if I ring the vets to help with her nail clipping
thanks everyone :)

You need a 100cm x 75cm piece :), that is 39.37inches x 29.53inches :):) They have them available.

Oh thanks :) I only really know cm but I know the inch measurements as thats how it was sold. thanks for the conversion....off to spend money ha

Whoops i meant 48x30 lol

Then thats about 122cm x 75cm....they dont have that as a standard size :(

You could buy a roll at 300 x 75 and cut it in half so that you have one spare. That would be slightly large in length but shouldnt matter. Otherwise ebay might have others with the size you need :)

Your seller said I can buy the 100x150 and they can cut it to size :)

You can, but you would have a bit left over, but if that works out cheaper than the others then thats ok :)
It is good vet bed, I have washed mine about 30 times and it is in one piece, apart from where Inca's fangs have nibbled it!

Back