• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who was the ebay guy who made waterproof covers for hutches?

catxx

Mama Doe
The velcro on our one is failing and the whole thing could probably do with replacing really, ideally with better fastenings than one naff bit of velcro.

thank you!! I have the 6ft hutch with a 6x4 run underneath, but the cover only covers the hutch bit not the run so the ones that incorporate both = :love:

Oooo these look really good! I have a massive piece of tarpaulin I secure over mine's accom overnight/in the rain, I'm going to attempt to make a cover myself :)lol:) but I reckon I'm going to end up going for something like this! They look excellent!

That's what I used over the winter, tarp over layers of material offcuts and bubble wrap, with some clear plastic pinned over the window and pegged at the bottom. I'm not sure what I'll do next time, as the hutch is oooooold, hopefully it won't need replacing as when I do I'd like to get a shed/playhouse and the garden in the house we rent isn't really big enough for one, plus 2 runs joined together and some left over for my OH to have some garden :lol:. At the mo they just have the rain proof bits rather than the extra layers for warmth!

I have tarpaulin over the run part of my set up but it leaks :evil: so the poor buns get soggy bits!

I have tarpaulin over the run part of my set up but it leaks :evil: so the poor buns get soggy bits!

I am having the same trouble with the run at the mo with all this rain! I was thinking about investing in some of that corrugated clear plastic stuff for a roof but thought it might end up like a greenhouse! :?

I am having the same trouble with the run at the mo with all this rain! I was thinking about investing in some of that corrugated clear plastic stuff for a roof but thought it might end up like a greenhouse! :?

I've thought about that too but it was too much hard work to fit it to lids that lift up! And it's been so windy too, it might decapitate someone if it flew off over the fence and onto the path. The things we try and do to keep our bunnies safe and dry! Mine have been spending a lot of time snuggled up in their dry hutch away from all this nastiness.

Back