• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What miserable bunny weather we're having!

Windy Day

Young Bun
:(My 2 rabbits hardly come outside these days cos of the non-stop rain, poor things, they hate the rain and the wet. Is it the same for your rabbits too?

Yes it's awful isn't it :( it hasn't rained much here today but it's very windy :( Daisy and Digby have been out for a bit but they didn't like the wind and went back in. I've had this week off work so I'm really fed up, was hoping for some nice weather to play with the buns and do some gardening :(

Well today it was fine this morning so they were out while I was cleaning out but they will come out of their pens even if it's raining but I don't like em to get wet :love:

there was rain this morning where I live and it been going on/off all day. Saw one of my rabbits popped his head out todat and decided no not going out in this weather!!

"April Showers" is certainly right :roll:

Mine have been out in all weather under the covers on their run...whenever I look out they are sat in the run :)

I take it back...the weather covers keep coming off the run and so mine are all shut into their hutches :( Poppy and Daisy havnt been shut in there since the first couple of weeks they were here and lily and rosey havnt ever been shut in theres but its awful out there!! :(

I wish mine could be house buns! :love:

Last edited:
All ours are house bunnies. The weather here has been terrible again today and just before tea time there were a couple of sad little faces looking out of the French doors at the lovely green grass, I heard Thumper sigh :( Poor boy just wanted to go and binky outside not inside. Willow has been spooked by the wind too :( Hope it picks up soon for a garden bounce :love:

It is miserable isn't it. It's times like these I really feel for rescues... I saw Caroline from Rabbit Residence had done a post about how difficult it was for all involved when the rain is as persistant as this - difficult to get things done and having to accept getting drenched.

Mine are pretty hacked off with it at this point. They have been soldiering on and going out and sitting snuggled together but the past couple of days they have all had enough and stayed put. :(

Mine are hating it too, so glad it is sunny today, they came out at 6.30 this morning.

Two of them will venture out a bit in the rain, and the other sits there looking grumpy and lonely!

I realised their litter tray was getting soaked too, and felt really bad! Even the covered run seems to have been getting soaked and it was absolutely filthy with a mixture poos and water. I think I may have to block the back of it off.

Back