• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Gotcha Day Jessie!

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
Thursday was Jessie's first gotcha day!

I first fell in love with Jessie when I saw this picture in a thread on here. She was at Starlights rescue after being dumped in a cardboard box with 4 other rabbits. She will still only a baby then!

straysandcages162.jpg

straysandcages178.jpg

It took a couple of months from then until she finally managed to make the grand voyage from Essex to Durham, stopping over for a week with abbymarysmokey, before getting the train up with OH. She was quite nervous when she first arrived and spent the first few days in the spare bedroom separate from Oscar, her future husbun.

p1000537i.jpg

p1000549m.jpg

We decided to introduce Jessie and Oscar a bit earlier than we originally planned. It was a very nervous time for us since it was our first bond! We needn't have worried though, they got on almost straight away (after Jessie made a brief attempt to jump out of the pen!) and after a few hours they were both grooming each other.

p1000608mn.jpg

p1000598e.jpg

They were really a match made in heaven, after nearly a year of being bonded they are still as close as ever, often following each other around making trouble or flopping out together. Jessie changed a lot too over her time with us, she grew in confidence as much as her mane grew! The previous nervous bunny is now jumping all over furniture, letting us stroke her, tooth purring and doing lots of happy bunny flops!

p1000621s.jpg

p1000653d.jpg

p1000705r.jpg

p1000840z.jpg

p1000499yq.jpg

p1000382a.jpg

p1010333oo.jpg

p1000840b.jpg

I'm so glad you came into ours and Oscar's life Jessie, hope we have many more happy years together :love::love:

Happy Gotcha Day Jessie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you had a lovely time.

What a beautiful pair they make.:love:

So much in love and such fantastic photos.:thumb:

Wonderful.

Thank you for sharing them with us tigerlily.

Please give them a little cuddle from Auntie Di. xxxx

Thank you all :)

I was always quite dubious about the whole 'rabbits should be kept in pairs' thing, until I introduced Jessie to Oscar. I didn't know two bunnies could be so in love (except when broccoli is involved :lol::lol:)

Back