• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myristol pellets for joint pain in Rabbits - anyone heard of this?

I get mine from Bunspace and have tried them briefly with Mimzy, who has had early onset arthritis since the age of four and now presents with spondylosis.
They are dosed at four pellets per day, they look and smell just like regular timothy hay pellets and on the whole are an excellent way in ny opinion to get a fussy bun to take a chondroitin supplement. However I can't seem to keep Mimzy interested in them long enough to see consistent positive benefit...plus I fear his disease is progressing too fast for the pellets to have significant effect.
However if you have a bun who is not gaining relief or benefit from pain medications alone I would recommend these pellets because I do believe they have some good to do if taken regularly. I usually broke the daily dose into two separate ones and fed them as 'treats' after meds morning and night.

Hi :wave: I think I already give chrondition in the Glucosaimine supplement I give Darcy daily. Its called Arthri-aid in liquid form. Thanks for sharing your experience. Its good to know about everything that is out there for buns with joint pain. Sorry your little Mimzy has had since a little bunny. My Darcy has had it for a year now with Spondylosis and arthritis but he is a old frenchie. Please give Mimzy a nosey rub from me. xxxxxx

Back