• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To those with multiple buns (5-6+)

Disney

Alpha Buck
How do you find the space for them indoors? We don't have the myxo vacc here so NO. WAY. Will my buns be outside, but I intend to have a clan one day, and was wondering how you manage it? Extra points for answers that include other pets. ;)

I live a chaotic life-style in a chaotic house (which is probably not what you want to hear).

I have two buns in the kitchen, three buns in the lounge, six buns outside and eight cats inside too at various times. I also have a guinea-pig and a hamster.

The three buns in the lounge will be moving outside once I have a run sorted for them as their crate and pen take up the whole lounge and I can no longer use it. (They were foster bunnies who ended up staying as the rescue closed down).

I do have a very small house though - in a bigger house it would be easier.

The cats and rabbits mingle without any problem. If the cats run out of somewhere to sleep they curl up in the buns' litter tray.

GeorgeandMillie.jpg

They get on just fine.

GemmaandDylan2Feb2012.jpg

I live alone and have no partner to consider though:)

My bun's live in a big sheds in my garden :) and my 2 dogs live inside obv and my guinea pigs also live in the sheds :)

I live a chaotic life-style in a chaotic house (which is probably not what you want to hear).

I have two buns in the kitchen, three buns in the lounge, six buns outside and eight cats inside too at various times. I also have a guinea-pig and a hamster.

The three buns in the lounge will be moving outside once I have a run sorted for them as their crate and pen take up the whole lounge and I can no longer use it. (They were foster bunnies who ended up staying as the rescue closed down).

I do have a very small house though - in a bigger house it would be easier.

The cats and rabbits mingle without any problem. If the cats run out of somewhere to sleep they curl up in the buns' litter tray.

GeorgeandMillie.jpg

They get on just fine.

GemmaandDylan2Feb2012.jpg

I live alone and have no partner to consider though:)

This is basically what I was thinking..Two of my cats are suspicious grouchy buggars but my heart cat will definitely wants to be BFFs..Even if THEY don't want to! :lol: Not that I'd allow him to terrorize them.

I live with my mum (for now) so uncertain what her reaction will be..She isn't really an 'animal person' but as long as I pay the bills and don't let the house 'smell like animals' she tends to be fine with it. :thumb:

Sorry mine are all outdoors aswell, my front room is already full of hamster and gerbil cages there is no way I'd fit 11 bunnies aswell! :shock:

I have two in the living room (both in cages, one in 3ft tiny indoor cage, one in a 5ft indoor cage for when we are not home), one in the kitchen (free range), two in the spare room (in a run) and currently 5 (in a 6ft by 2ft by 7ft (all ish) NIC Grid cage). I have another 10 outdoors in enclosures and avairies.

I personally would never, EVER allow a predator to mix with my bunnies, but that is just down to my experiences. I feel it's too risky and I don't wish to lose another life to that.

I have two in the living room (both in cages, one in 3ft tiny indoor cage, one in a 5ft indoor cage for when we are not home), one in the kitchen (free range), two in the spare room (in a run) and currently 5 (in a 6ft by 2ft by 7ft (all ish) NIC Grid cage). I have another 10 outdoors in enclosures and avairies.

I personally would never, EVER allow a predator to mix with my bunnies, but that is just down to my experiences. I feel it's too risky and I don't wish to lose another life to that.

Your set up sounds good! Other than the free rangers in 'the soon to be bunny room' I was thinking of making NIC cages down the track..FINALLY found somewhere that sells the grids in Aus! :thumb:

Basically my question was 'is it doable?' and since it seems as long as you're dedicated you can, I'm feeling really happy! Now, to get over my adoption form anxiety...I know once I do I'll end up with a ridiculous amount. :oops:

We have 12 in our double garage, 4 in a spare bedroom, and we have turned the dining room into a 'wee Nethie' room and we have 4 rabbits in there and 2 in the shed and they all have play pens.

We have 9 house rabbits (3 pairs and 3 singles). We also have 5 cats, a dog and two hamsters.

Our buns sleep in cages but come out through much of the day. We have one bun Bear who really doesn't like any other bun so we have to keep him separated from the other unless he is sat with us and our two little girl buns where some mutual grooming goes on.

Our buns all intermix although we do tend to chose who mixes with whom as some get on better than others. Our cats mix with all the buns and have done for the 12 years we have had buns in our lives. I know however other people here have reservations on this.

Our dog is NEVER let near our buns. If the buns are in their cages then the dog is allowed in the same room as some of them as long as we are with him. Some of the buns don't like the dog at all so we keep them 100% apart. We live in a bungalow, some of our buns sleep in our bedrooms, others in the lounge. Their communal meeting ground tends to be the hallway. It's long and L shape so provides plenty of opportunities to ambush each other. When they want to go back to their cage they will scratch the door of the room their cage is in. Perfect!

It can be done, it is second nature to us all. We all know the 'rules'. There are 5 of us 'hoomans', three generations. Visitors have to put up with the fact that our animals live here full time - they don't!

I've only got 3 buns, they're in C&C cages in the hallway and they get free range time. eventually I want to have them free range 24/7 in my room, the hallway and the bathroom. I'd love to have a large clan one day of like 15 bunnies that free ranged a large portion of the house. :love:

With the other animals, the 5 dogs and 9 cats free range most of the house, unless we're not home or asleep and then some of the cats are locked in certain rooms. Phantom, our other cat, is an outdoor currently.

May, my duck, is outdoors 24/7 but Dill, Will and Scout are indoors a lot of the time, either in my room or in the living room. And of course the new duckling is always indoors.

My button quail are in my room and my 11 budgies are as well. Terry and Perry, the other 2 budgies, are in the living room (but sometimes play in my room) and so are the 3 cockatiels and 2 lovebirds. And Franklin the musk turtle is in the dining room. I think that's everyone.:lol:

We have 9 house rabbits (3 pairs and 3 singles). We also have 5 cats, a dog and two hamsters.

Our buns sleep in cages but come out through much of the day. We have one bun Bear who really doesn't like any other bun so we have to keep him separated from the other unless he is sat with us and our two little girl buns where some mutual grooming goes on.

Our buns all intermix although we do tend to chose who mixes with whom as some get on better than others. Our cats mix with all the buns and have done for the 12 years we have had buns in our lives. I know however other people here have reservations on this.

Our dog is NEVER let near our buns. If the buns are in their cages then the dog is allowed in the same room as some of them as long as we are with him. Some of the buns don't like the dog at all so we keep them 100% apart. We live in a bungalow, some of our buns sleep in our bedrooms, others in the lounge. Their communal meeting ground tends to be the hallway. It's long and L shape so provides plenty of opportunities to ambush each other. When they want to go back to their cage they will scratch the door of the room their cage is in. Perfect!

It can be done, it is second nature to us all. We all know the 'rules'. There are 5 of us 'hoomans', three generations. Visitors have to put up with the fact that our animals live here full time - they don't!

I've only got 3 buns, they're in C&C cages in the hallway and they get free range time. eventually I want to have them free range 24/7 in my room, the hallway and the bathroom. I'd love to have a large clan one day of like 15 bunnies that free ranged a large portion of the house. :love:

With the other animals, the 5 dogs and 9 cats free range most of the house, unless we're not home or asleep and then some of the cats are locked in certain rooms. Phantom, our other cat, is an outdoor currently.

May, my duck, is outdoors 24/7 but Dill, Will and Scout are indoors a lot of the time, either in my room or in the living room. And of course the new duckling is always indoors.

My button quail are in my room and my 11 budgies are as well. Terry and Perry, the other 2 budgies, are in the living room (but sometimes play in my room) and so are the 3 cockatiels and 2 lovebirds. And Franklin the musk turtle is in the dining room. I think that's everyone.:lol:

All this advice is very helpful, thank you! I don't have much to say in return but I am actually writing this all down in a word document. :oops:

I have four buns in the kitchen and two in the livingroom (kitchen buns free range there full time, living room buns are in a pen currently and allowed to free range when we are home). I also have 5 guinea pigs in the living room too. I'm in the middle of building an enclosure which will mean the piggies will be on top of the buns in order to free up some space whilst giving them all more room. There are also three rats in the bedroom.

As long as you keep on top of the cleaning it's fine. OH hates it but he doesn't live here or pay my bills so it's tough!

Last edited:
Back