• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor, Poor Liam :-(- U/D 29th April-Deteriorated :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Liam has been 'not right' for a couple of days. He has been eating and pooing fine, drinking and weeing fine. But you know that feeling when you look at a Bunny and just know that there is something amiss. On examination this morning I found a couple of molar spurs, but nothing too horrific.
I took him down to C and she agreed that whilst the spurs were not that bad he may be an ultra sensitive Bun. So he was admitted for a GA/Dental. Well, once unconscious the full extent of his problems became evident. He had two large papilomas at the back of his mouth, both infected and oozing pus :cry:

He also has a load of pus very deep in both ear canals :cry: Once the pus was removed lots of blood and inflammation was found :cry:

Liam has shown no real symptoms other than giving off 'wrong vibes'. I nearly left taking him over to C til Monday, thank god I did not wait til then.

Could Liam have some vibes please

:cry:

Last edited:
Oh no, poor Liam :cry: What a little fighter just carrying on like that. I hope he feels much more comfortable now. Sending lots of vibes xx

Oh dear...not more ear troubles for your bunnies! :(
Of course all speedy and massive healing vibes for Liam!
(((((((((((((((((((((Liam)))))))))))))))))))))))

poor Liam :cry: it's amazing how well they hide it. you have to be really in tune with your bunnies to spot things sometimes, thank goodness you are.

vibes for Liam xxx

Your poor boy. It is so stressful when you find out what they are hiding, as an illness. At least Liam is now able to get better. Mega vibes for Liam. xxx

I feel dreadful that Liam had so much going on in his mouth/ears. But there really were no symptoms apart from my 'gut feeling'.

I am now stressing about ALL my Rabbits, what if they too are concealing a problem :cry: I am feeling so stressed and anxious :cry:

I'm sure if there really was something wrong you would just " know,". You are so in tune with them, their behaviour and little personalities. I'm sure they would let you know ( however subtle ) that something was wrong X

How is Liam doing? Any update.

Sending vibes his way xx

All things considered he is doing well. He is not eating much hay, VERY unlike him. But as he had two large masses removed from his mouth it is of little wonder that he will selective feed. He is eating grass (I am careful to limit how much), Veg and A+P pellets. His right ear canal is looking good, but oh my the left one is very nasty :cry: He also has an infection in the left nasolacrimal duct now too :cry:

He is on daily Depocillin for a week, reducing to every other day after that. He is also on Metacam, Fucithalmic and Canaural.

Thanks for asking about him.

Only just seen this, sending Liam lots of vibes. It does show that sometimes you just have to trust your gut instinct.

Glad to hear he's doing better even if he's skimping in the eating department. Totally understandable given the circumstances.
(((((((((((((Nomming and healing vibes)))))))))))))))))))

I think it's marvelous you picked up on his illness as you did. Naturally after seeing the result, one would begin to wonder if one were missing anybun else who may be harboring symptoms, but I agree with others who have said that if anyone would know, you would. :) You are quite simply so in tune with them all.

I think I personally pick up on my animals' distress better than I do my husband and children. I have always felt closer to animals than most people anyhow. (shrugs)

I'm sure if there really was something wrong you would just " know,". You are so in tune with them, their behaviour and little personalities. I'm sure they would let you know ( however subtle ) that something was wrong X

exactly . . . many people would not even have sensed something was wrong . .

and ears are SO difficult . .

Back