• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When can they be moved?

Kellylou89

Warren Scout
My stepdad built me a stack of big 8 hutches the past week his been working on them and finally they are finished .. All the bun's will be moving in over the weekend.
I have a new hutch ready for Katy its bigger and more spacious for her and her Kits .. The kits have now opened there eyes with help from me and bathing them because they were crusty and gunky especially the Dark kit .. They occasionally venture out the nest but they always turn back around and go back in the nest within seconds/1minute lol.
Today they are 2weeks old and im just wondering when is the safest time to move katy her kits and the nest the lay in, over to the more spacious hutch?
Thanks in Advance :D

Thankyou :) just so i know and i dont second guess myself with worry haha.
There eyes are alot better still little crusty in the corners, i am going to give them a bathe again today to prevent any infections, would that be a good idea?

You could do, but if you're still seeing problems (which you shouldn't be), then really you probably need to take them to a vet to get them all checked out. I'd also suggest removing as much of the nest as you can and cleaning everything, and then replacing the unsoiled parts of the nest back. There is, I believe, an explanation on how to do this the safest in the sticky in health about accidental litters and taking on babies.

deffinatly if i see the eyes dont improve it will be straight down the vets no worries there :) .. i actually cleaned the nest yesturday when i bathed there eyes, i thought well clean eyes in a dirty nest is not a good mix, i saved all Katy's Hair she put in the nest and a small amount of the straw so it was a familiar smell for katy and replaced the rest :)

Back