• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frangipan is DEFINITELY a BARC bunny!

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
When Frangipan was kept indoors before being bonded she kept escaping from her pen - and now she is outside with her three companions she has started getting out of their fenced off area of the back yard.

I've had bunnies in that area for over ten years and none have escaped - until now.

A few weeks ago I came home after dark and went to put the buns to bed. Dylan and Molly went in their hutch - no problem. Bumble jumped into his but I couldn't find Frangipan anywhere. In the end I thought she had been stolen - and then I noticed gaps in the brickwork where earth had been. The little monster had dug and dug and chewed the wood in the gate and made a hole big enough to squeeze through. I live near a cemetery and thought I would never find her and she would be eaten by a fox - but then I noticed a white blob near Furby and Faye's run - and there was Frangipan, who eventually hopped back through the gap under the gate and into her hutch!!

So, I then put a brick over the gap on the other side of the gate. This evening when I came home, I noticed Frangipan dashing back to the gate and disappearing under it again. She had pushed the gate so there was another gap and had probably been out all day while I was at work.

The amazing thing is that she is escaping, exploring the unmade up road where we all park our cars, visiting Furby and Faye's run - and then she is coming home rather than disappearing.

I now have to try and get the gate fixed so it doesn't move easily but Frangipan has chewed the bottom part of the attached fence panel so it is all a bit loose:cry: If she would stay in my back yard I wouldn't worry too much but she is likely to get run over in the bit where my neighbours park their cars - they won't be expecting to see a rabbit out there!

BARC buns are incredibly norty - but great characters!!

The bun in question - looking like butter wouldn't melt!!! Hmmmmmmm - I know better!!!

FrangipanonhutchMarch2012.jpg

FrangipanMarch2012.jpg

Last edited:
norty norty norty girl ... :shock: :roll:

its obviously the cats leading her astray ... nothing to do with being a barc bunny ...

*whistles innocently *:roll:

norty norty norty girl ... :shock: :roll:

its obviously the cats leading her astray ... nothing to do with being a barc bunny ...

*whistles innocently *:roll:

:lol::lol:

Noooo Angie of course not!, is that what you told PippinWarren about titch when she broke her camera:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Noooo Angie of course not!, is that what you told PippinWarren about titch when she broke her camera:lol::lol::lol::lol:

that was an accident ... poor innocent bunny ... tut ... tarred by a false reputation of nortiniess :roll::roll:

*quickly reviews adoption form to include disclaimer against nortiness *

Yes, Frangipan IS very, very cute - and she knows it too.

I actually adore her. She has settled in here so well and makes Bumble a brilliant wife and gets on well with Dylan and Molly too. Once I open her hutch and put brekkie inside, she hops straight out and goes over to Dylan and Molly's hutch and noms their breakfast before coming back and eating her own (or what is left after Bumble has been at it).

She is VERY lively but isn't a year old yet. She still isn't spayed and I know I need to get it done but I keep having poorly pets - and Frangipan still seems quite small. She will defnitely be done over the summer.

She does have a big area to run in but I think she likes exploring forbidden areas. I am just so touched she comes home - she is obviously happy here:love:

Have fixed the gate so she can't get out (I hope)!!!

Not sure about the cats leading her astray, Angie - they had no access to her when she was in the spare room before she was bonded:lol:

BARC buns are definitely special:love:

Back