• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flopsy Is ill... U/D needs op on Monday.....

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Well Flopsy's eye has been a bit runny for a while but we thought we would wait a bit to see if it would get better but It hasn't.
He is eating fine and acting normally so don't reckon it's his teeth , We are going to the vets tomorrow after school!!!

What do you reckon it could be?

P1090503.jpg

Last edited:
It could be tooth roots, a foreign body an infection or an ulcer maybe. I'm sure the vet will test. You will probably get some drops to see if they help. Good luck.

Best for the vets to have a good look and test it for any ulceration etc. Hopefully drops will sort it out for Flopsy.

Ud :(

well we went to the vets this evening..... sadly not just an eye infection..... they put dye in his eye and no scratches came up.. thank fully..... the vet checked his teeth and he has some spurs which could be causing a problem which will explain why he has not been eating as fast as norma; :cry: He may have some dental roots aswell :( His last dental was only 8 months ago and this will now be his second :cry:

...... He is in Monday morning for tear ducts to be flushed and dental..... my poor boy :cry:

How is Flopsy feeling today? xx

Well he appears to be in pain a bit of course. He has ate some parsley and dandelions and has nibbled some pellets slowly .... Hope he will continue to eat until monday :( Wish the vets would of given us pain relief for him :cry:

sorry to hear flopsy is needing another dental. i hope after the dental, his eyes sort themselves out. can you not request some pain medication for him if they have not given you any to survive over the weekend?
if his teeth are giving him pain, but you need him to eat during weekend so he is nutritionally healthy and have strength up, mabye very lightly making the pellets wet so they are softer for him to chew on rather than such hard nuggets for the time being?

sorry to hear flopsy is needing another dental. i hope after the dental, his eyes sort themselves out. can you not request some pain medication for him if they have not given you any to survive over the weekend?
if his teeth are giving him pain, but you need him to eat during weekend so he is nutritionally healthy and have strength up, mabye very lightly making the pellets wet so they are softer for him to chew on rather than such hard nuggets for the time being?

Thank you , we do have some recovery food so if needed will give him that :) well the vet yesteday thought he would be ok over the weekend as he was eating fairly normally before :( I will be keeping a very close eye on him and will make sure he is eating.

Awh, poor Flopsy :( I hope his operation goes well on Monday & he feels better soon! xo

thank you x

Back