• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oat, Wheat and Barley Hay...

catherine09

Mama Doe
Got my delivery from THE today and treated the piggies to a 500gm bag of the Oat, Wheat and Barley hay. I usually don't buy it as out of all the treat hays it is far the most expensive one - but oh my goodness it smells amazing!

I was sat for a good couple of minutes sniffing the bag :oops::lol: if anyone saw me they'd think I had gone crazy :roll:

Massive hit with the piggies too, now to try it on the buns - I fear this hay may bankrupt me now :shock:

I buy the 1.8kg bags as they work out a lot cheaper over time. My buns climb all sorts of things in the effort to reach it, I am trying to introduce some Timothy hay which is way down the league in comparison. The green oat also goes down well :D

I buy the 1.8kg bags as they work out a lot cheaper over time. My buns climb all sorts of things in the effort to reach it, I am trying to introduce some Timothy hay which is way down the league in comparison. The green oat also goes down well :D

I tend to buy the American Timothy from DFH which smells gorgeous and is much cheaper, but fancied a change this time. I get the green oat but I don't think that smells quite as good :lol:

Buns and piggies usually get meadow hay from the farm or from H4P, I hope me feeding them too many luxury hays won't make them fusspots as it would bankrupt me having to pay those sorts of prices knowing how much my lot eat!

Is there anywhere you know where you can get it a bit cheaper? :wave:

I tend to buy the American Timothy from DFH which smells gorgeous and is much cheaper, but fancied a change this time. I get the green oat but I don't think that smells quite as good :lol:

Buns and piggies usually get meadow hay from the farm or from H4P, I hope me feeding them too many luxury hays won't make them fusspots as it would bankrupt me having to pay those sorts of prices knowing how much my lot eat!

Is there anywhere you know where you can get it a bit cheaper? :wave:

As far as I know, Lisa is sole importer of this into the UK

I tried to get it cheaper from 'alfalfa king' them selves, as it was a lot cheaper.
But when I e-mailed them they sent it straight to T.H.E. who then sent me an e-mail.
I was willing to pay for over seas to save money but could't.:roll:

Back