• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*might be distressing*

Just visited my local animal farm (who don't know much about animals and don't look after them that well) had a sneak peak at the baby buns and piggies whose life I have been following for the last two weeks, the piggie were fine(but sadly more litter are on the way! easily noticible by the sows huge bellies) than had a look at the bunnies with littres one litter was fine
the bunnies(who now have developed a coat) were wringeling in their nest the other litter is still tiny but are hopping about in the back of the hutch(warms your heart doesn't it) but in the other hutch I discovered the mummy bun nibbeling at her already half eaten young baby(who didn't have much fur but did have coat patterns)

I know it's not good they breed animals but this was so sad.
Why do buns do that?

mm, wonder why she would be stressed no foxes in the place i am atm maybe someone tried to pick her up?

How would you feel if people kept looking at you while you were trying to look after your babies? Trying to pick you and them up?

They should stop breeding, but won't.

Just visited my local animal farm (who don't know much about animals and don't look after them that well) had a sneak peak at the baby buns and piggies whose life I have been following for the last two weeks, the piggie were fine(but sadly more litter are on the way! easily noticible by the sows huge bellies) than had a look at the bunnies with littres one litter was fine
the bunnies(who now have developed a coat) were wringeling in their nest the other litter is still tiny but are hopping about in the back of the hutch(warms your heart doesn't it) but in the other hutch I discovered the mummy bun nibbeling at her already half eaten young baby(who didn't have much fur but did have coat patterns)

I know it's not good they breed animals but this was so sad.
Why do buns do that?

think you have your answer there - PLUS she can be seen by the public so her kits are in full view to all and sundry - no wonder she is so stressed she has eaten it.
I would DEMAND they take them out of public view whilst birthing and feeding the kits until kits weaned.

think you have your answer there - PLUS she can be seen by the public so her kits are in full view to all and sundry - no wonder she is so stressed she has eaten it.
I would DEMAND they take them out of public view whilst birthing and feeding the kits until kits weaned.

not many people visit the place hardly any in fact

Tell them whats happening and what they should do.If they dont, a quick call to the RSPCA should do it.

Back