• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attching a run to a hutch.

ShirlShaw

Warren Scout
Afternoon all,

So with Thumpers new hutch i need to attach a run and let him have access to all his space.

50c5ed5e8c7411e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

My thinking is adding a catflap where the water bottle is, then obviously block off under hutch.

Does this make sense, if so do you think it would be workable?

Thanks

SS

I've got the same hutch as you. I ordered run panels built to my required size from eBay, put them together and attached the run to the front of the hutch. The doors open into the run so during the day I clip the doors to the edge of the run so they can come and go as they please but shut the doors so they are in the hutch at night.

That looks very similar to mine. I'm sure thumper will love it. Mine love theirs that much they'd stay out in it 24/7 if I let them!!

I'm wanting to get a new outdoor hutch can I ask where you got it from? How much was it? And what size is it? Sorry, so many questions!

Iv got two of those hutches and they are great! :thumb:

I bought this run at first~
http://www.deemillen.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=182_185&products_id=1135

When that run was in place I just left the bottom two doors open (tied them open to the run) and left it like that :)

I have just ordered two new runs from http://www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk/extensionsforhutchesandruns.html which are being custom made so that I can do the same as the run above...I wouldnt recomend the run from dee millen (nor would i recomend using that site for shopping either...I just wasnt impressed in the slightest) as there is no opening door anywhere on the side of the run so even to top up the water bowl I have to remove all the covers even in the pouring rain :roll: Its also too small and terrible quality...

My two new runs are going to have doors in the front and fit accross the front of the hutch perfectly and be 6ft long...they have the open front so that they will sit against the front of the hutch and I can just open the doors into it :)

This was their set up with the chartwell run~
316706_10150938541700613_804175612_21588735_1488936645_n.jpg

Last edited:
Donny and Lola have their run attached to the front of the hutch, it's 6 x 4 and they have another 6 x 4 run that I'm going to attach via tube soon :thumb: but for now they have a metal run for supervised access :) They always have access to the wooden run though :)

IMAG0429-1.jpg

IMAG0450.jpg

Ive done my measurements and I need the run to be around 22" high by 5ft.

The one from deemillen looks to be a perfect fit.

Have you had a quote for your custom runs megansmummy?

Thanks

SS

The deemillen one is a perfect fit (sort of...I had to put the hutch on bricks otherwise the top doors wouldnt open becuase of the hight of the run...) but the quality is just terrible...mine is about ready for the bin and I only bought it in october!!

I emailed Deemillen to say I wasnt very happy and the lady said she would let the manufactures know but said she would always recomend a metal run if asked...I never heard back from them and I was appauled with the customer services when I had spent £75 on that run and the whole order was well over £100 as I had ordered other stuff at the same time...Never got an appology or anything...there were screws missing aswell and I had to wait for a new ficing kit...again no appology. The wood swelled even though it said it was treated and ready to go outside etc... When I rang up to chase up the fixing kit as I had been waiting she was fairly rude telling me that she was very busy and was in this bussiness as a hobby :? not really my problem when I had spent my money with them! I expect decent customer service no matter what the bussiness intentions of the owner! :roll:

I got two of these from UK rabbit hutches and they were £210 including delivery. Dave was extreamly helpful and made them exactly to my specs!
528515_10151577717675613_804175612_23856907_605763367_n.jpg

If you want to email him and ask for a quote for one then Im Tory Burn so he will know the design and sizes for the same hutch ;) Its 6ft long and comes with hutch connectors and is open at the other end so the hutch doors can be opened into it...he will also make it with doors on the run where there hutch opening is so you can use it as a stand alone run...

Last edited:
Thanks MM,

Thats a great help.

I have just one last question (as you have the same hutch), have you bought a cover for it from deemillen?

Ive been searching for one and had a quote of £95.00 for a custom one, but they appear to have one for £60.00

Thanks

SS

Thanks MM,

I will have to look instore as they are not online anymore.

Im currently waiting on one of our contractors to quote me for a custom run.

SS

Ok so a small update.

I sent the seller in the ebay link i posted a picture
of my hutch and what i wanted. They called me to discuss
and were very very helpful. Cost of £45.00 i get a custom
built run to fit in with the hutch 5ft * 4 ft. Im now considering just
going to a 5ft * 5ft one while the cost should not be much more.

SS

Back