• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hi I'm new and I think my bunny is sick!

I've had my baby lionhead for about a week and she seemed perfectly healthy and happy. But I think my mom gave her a lot of lettuce/carrots without me knowing and now she is... "going" a lot more than normal I think. It is not diarrhea, it looks normal, she's acting normal... but the thing is she's a baby and only weighs a pound so I'm really worried :( I want her to see a vet but my mom says oh she'll be fine :(

Hi I hope your bunny is ok , don't give your bunny Iceberg lettuce it will give her diarrhoea it's no good for them neither is a lot of carrots and if your bunny is only a baby you shouldn't start introducing vegetables and herbs etc till they are at least 12 weeks old then you should introduce 1 thing at a time in tiny amounts and watch t see if bunnys tummy can tolerate it if your bunny is still sick today I would advise you to go see a good rabbit vet :love:

When you see pictures of rabbits holding carrots like they eat them all the time and it's all they eat, it's rubbish, they're full of sugar, I don't feed them at all, but if you did only give a small amount and not too often. Lettuce is another thing to try and avoid. She isnt old enough to try things like that yet so when she is old enough, try herbs :) and what wendle said :)

Back