• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ooof, feel guilty.

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
Last night while sat in the bunny shed on a blanket, Tapla came up behind me. She usually scrabbles at me or digs me or nudges me to move, but she was excited and forgot and just nipped me to move. Not hard, but it was like on the 'love handle' :)oops:) area and only through one layer of clothes so I squealed 'OUCH!!!' and instinctively smacked my hand to where she bit. I didn't hit her, but she cowered. I stroked her and she wasn't scared, but a bit confused for a few minutes as she's been before if she's accidentally bit me. I still feel awful. Her little body all cowered, she had one leg out to the side for some reason and the rest of her body was cowered away. Was horrible seeing her like that and I know I caused it :( Can't get her little confused face out my mind :(

Aww I know how you feel, I've had this happen too. Boris has a thing for clothes and will often dig at them and try to chew them when I sit down on the floor. And one time he bit right through my leggings and onto my skin, it hurt quite a bit and without thinking, I screamed and kind of pushed him aside. Not hard, but enough to make him react and get a little startled. I felt awful afterwards, I mean sure, he shouldnt be eating my clothes :roll: But he's a rabbit, its just a thing he does, he doesnt realise it's hurting me. I apologised by giving him noserubs and he did forgive me :) But that feeling of guilt was so horrible :( I was shocked at myself for even pushing him. I'd never do that intentionally, I guess it was a reflex or something :(

Gus often digs at my girlfriends bare feet when she's in the way, which i find hilarious,
but recently when she sits hunched to the side using one arm to prop, Gus has launched himself at her planted hand on the floor, and bitten her hand, drawing blood :shock:
we have no idea why, but its only when her arm/hand is in a certain position (its never the arm moving towards him, its him walking towards her hand then deciding he doesn't like where she's left it on his living room floor)

:roll:

Back